In this guide, we will show you a couple of methods to fix the issue of Auto Focus not working on iPhone 14 Pro/Max. While users are generally inclined towards the Pro variant of iPhones, this time around Apple made it even easier for the user to opt for the Pro and Max Pro variant, because the other two are literally carbon copies of their predecessors.
Plus the fact that Apple finally managed to break out from the shackles of the 12MP restrictions also proved to be one major differentiating factor. However, as of now, the camera seems to be giving out a tough time to the end users. Recently we covered how its large protruding lenses prevented the device from being wirelessly charged. Now, users are reportedly having issues with Auto Focus.
Numerous iPhone 14 Pro/Max users have voiced their concern that the Auto Focus is not working along the expected lines. They are having quite a lot of issues in focusing on close objects, like scanning codes or pairing the Apple Watch using the device’s camera. Likewise, the case with third-party apps that have an embedded camera like WhatsApp and Line is no different either. With that said, there does exist a couple of nifty workarounds that shall help you rectify this issue. Let’s check them out.
How to Fix iPhone 14 Pro/Max Auto Focus not working
It is recommended that you try out each of the below-mentioned workarounds and then see which one spells out success for you. So with that in mind, let’s get started.
FIX 1: Restart iPhone Camera
Many users were able to rectify this issue just by a simple restart of the device’s camera. So refer to the below instructions to give it a try and then check out the results.
- Launch the camera app and then perform a swipe-up gesture from the bottom of the screen.
- Then hold your finger when it reaches the middle and release it as soon as you see the app switcher.
- Finally, perform a swipe up on the camera app to close it. Then wait for a few seconds and relaunch the camera.
- Check if it fixes the issue of Auto Focus not working on iPhone 14 Pro/Max.
FIX 2: Disable Macro Mode
Next up, you should consider disabling the Macro Mode feature of the camera and then test out the results. Here’s how it could be done:
- To begin with, head over to the Settings menu on your device.
- Then go to Camera > Macro Control and turn off the toggle next to it.
- Your device will now use the 48MP camera instead of 12MP and the issue should be resolved.
That’s it. These were the two different methods that shall help you fix the issue of Auto Focus not working on iPhone 14 Pro/Max. As far as the official stance on this matter is concerned, the developers are yet to acknowledge this “issue”, let alone give out any ETA for the rollout of a fix. As and when any of these two things happen, we will update this guide accordingly. In the meantime, the aforementioned workarounds are your best bet.
- iPhone 14 Pro/Max System Data Storage Full: How to Fix
- iPhone 14 Pro 48MP Camera not working/Taking 12MP Image: How to fix
- Wireless Charging not working in iPhone 14 Pro due to its camera bump!
- Notifications not working in iPhone 14/Pro/Max: How to Fix [10 Methods]