In this guide, we will show you the steps to fix the issue wherein the iPhone 14 Pro/Max 48MP camera is not working as it ends up taking 12MP images. While the normal and Plus variants of the latest iPhones are just a carbon copy of its predecessor, the Pro and Max Pro beholds a slew of intriguing features. Among them, it’s the new 48MP primary camera that managed to grab much of the limelight as users were yearning for ages that Apple crosses this 12MP barrier.
While it finally did, however, some users are still unable to make full use of this functionality. They have voiced their concern that their iPhone 14 Pro/Max is not working correctly as it tends to take 12MP images from the 48MP camera. If you are also on the same page, then fret not as this isn’t any hardware issue but just needs a few software side tweaking. And in this guide, we will help you with just that. Follow along.
Fix iPhone 14 Pro 48MP Camera not working/taking 12MP Image
To rectify this issue, you will have to carry out and keep in mind the following three tweaks:
- First and foremost, you will have to make sure that the Macro Control option is turned off. You could verify the same from Settings > Camera > Macro Control.
- Likewise, if you launch the camera and see a yellow flower in the lower left corner, then it indicates that you are using the 12 MP ultra-wide lens instead of the 48MP. So click on the flower icon to disable the Macro Mode temporarily and then your device would be using the 48MP camera.
- Last but not the least, make sure that the surrounding has sufficient lighting. In low lighting, the device will automatically switch to the 12MP lens.
That’s it. These were the three different methods that shall help you to fix the issue wherein the iPhone 14 Pro/Max 48MP camera is not working as it ends up taking 12MP images. If you have any queries concerning the aforementioned steps, do let us know in the comments. We will get back to you with a solution at the earliest.
- iPhone 14 Pro/Max System Data Storage Full: How to Fix
- Always on Display/AOD not working in iPhone 14 Pro/Max: How to Fix
- iPhone 14 Pro GPS not working accurately: How to Fix
- How to Install iPhone 14 Pro’s Dynamic Island on Android