In this guide, we will show you the steps to fix the issue of WiFi/Internet not working on Galaxy Watch 5. When it comes to the smartwatch domain, then the offering from the Silicon Valley giant is probably the best in this domain. It has recently welcomed the fifth iteration with a slew of intriguing features. On the flip side though, it isn’t free from its fair share of issues either.
In this regard, numerous users have voiced their concern that the WiFi/Internet is not working along the expected lines on their Galaxy Watch 5. As a result, users aren’t able to run numerous apps that are solely dependent on the internet to function. Not to mention the fact that installing apps via Play Store or ADB Sideload is also no longer a possibility [the latter requires an IP address to establish a wireless connection].
Owing to all these reasons, the inability of the internet to work on your watch could result in a great deal of inconvenience. So in this guide, we will make you aware of numerous workarounds that will help you effectively address this bug. Follow along.
How to Fix Internet/WiFi not working on Galaxy Watch 5
It is recommended that you try out each of the below-mentioned workarounds and then see which one spells out success for you. So with that in mind, let’s get started.
FIX 1: Restart Watch
You should start off with the basic troubleshooting steps of restarting your watch as in most cases, a simple reboot is all that is needed to rectify the issue. So refer to the below steps to give it a try right away:
- Press and hold the Power and back buttons for around 7 seconds and your watch will restart. OR
- Press and hold the Power and back buttons until the Power menu comes up. Then select Power off.
- Your watch will now turn off. Now press and hold the Power button for a few seconds and your watch will reboot.
FIX 2: Toggle WiFi
Next up, you should consider disabling and then re-enabling the WiFi on your watch. This will refresh the underlying WiFi settings and could fix the issue of the internet/WiFi not working on your Galaxy Watch 5. So give it a try using the below-listed steps and then check out the results:
- Head over to Settings > Connections > WiFi.
- Then disable the toggle to turn off the WiFi.
- Now wait for a few seconds and then turn it on.
FIX 3: Toggle Airplane Mode
You should also consider disabling and then re-enabling the network on your watch by toggling the Airplane Mode. Here’s how it could be done:
- Head over to Settings > Connections.
- Then enable the toggle next to Flight Mode.
- Wait for a few seconds and then turn it off.
- Check if it fixes the WiFi issues on your Watch 5.
FIX 4: Forget and Re-Add Network
In some cases, the saved network might get corrupted. Therefore, you should consider removing that saved network and then re-adding it from scratch. Here’s how it could be done:
- To begin with, head over to Settings > Connections > WiFi.
- Then select the saved WiFi network from the list and hit Forget.
- Now select that network from the list of Available Networks.
- Then go to Password, type in the password, and hit Connect.
- Check if it fixes the WiFi/Internet issues on your Galaxy Watch 5.
FIX 5: Update Firmware
If you haven’t updated the watch’s firmware in quite some time, then now will be the perfect time to do so. Likewise, in some instances, the developers could roll out a buggy update which could have an adverse impact on the watch’s network. But they are usually quick to roll out a subsequent patch as well. So in all these cases, your best bet is to update the firmware on your watch right away. Here’s how it could be done:
- Connect your watch to your phone and launch the Galaxy Wearable app.
- Then go to Watch settings and tap on Watch software update > Download and install.
- Wait for the update to be installed. Once done, restart your watch.
- Check if it fixes the WiFi/Internet not working issue on your Galaxy Watch 5.
FIX 6: Turn off Bluetooth
Some users have reported in the past that if the Bluetooth on their watch is activated, then the WiFi doesn’t work. And as soon as they turn off the former, the latter is up and running once again. So you could consider turning off the Bluetooth on your watch to rectify the internet issue, but it will come at a cost- the inability to connect your watch to your phone. However, for a temporary respite from this issue, you could give this a tweak a try:
- Head over to Settings > Connections.
- Then disable the toggle next to Bluetooth.
- Check if it rectifies the underlying issue.
FIX 7: Reset Watch
If none of the aforementioned methods spelled out success, then your last course of action is to factory reset your watch to its default state. So take a complete watch backup beforehand and then proceed ahead with the below steps to carry out this task:
- To begin with, head over to Settings > General > Reset.
- Then tap on Reset > Reset and proceed with the on-screen instructions to complete the reset.
- Once done, set up your watch via your Google/Samsung account and then check out the result.
That’s it. These were the seven different methods to fix the issue of WiFi not working on the Galaxy Watch 5. If you have any queries concerning the aforementioned steps, do let us know in the comments. We will get back to you with a solution at the earliest.
- Add Custom Notifications, Ringtones, and Alarms on Galaxy Watch 4/5
- Measure ECG and BP on Galaxy Watch 5 [Unsupported Countries]
- Mirror Galaxy Watch 4/5 Screen to PC [Mac/Windows]
- How to Install Pixel Watch Faces on Galaxy Watch 4/5