In this guide, we will show you the steps to install the latest Project Elixir ROM based on Android 13 onto your Redmi Note 10 Pro/Max. When it comes to budget-friendly devices, then there’s hardly an iota of doubt that Xiaomi occupies the topmost position in this list. Further going down the list you have the ever-so-popular Redmi series which has grabbed the attention of the masses.
Moreover, its tenth iteration has achieved a cult following, especially among tech enthusiasts. So if you ever plan to break free from the shackles of the bloated MIUI experience, then you have a plethora of options in hand. Among them is the Project Elixir ROM which offers a clean, fast, snappy, and stable OS with just the required Pixel goodies for your Redmi Note 10 Pro/Max. So without further ado, let’s show you the steps to install this ROM onto your device right away.
How to Install Project Elixir on Redmi Note 10 Pro/Max
The below instructions will wipe off all the data, so please take a backup beforehand. Droidwin and its members wouldn’t be held responsible in case of a thermonuclear war, your alarm doesn’t wake you up, or if anything happens to your device and data by performing the below steps.
STEP 1: Install Android SDK
First and foremost, you will have to install the Android SDK Platform Tools on your PC. This is the official ADB and Fastboot binary provided by Google and is the only recommended one. So download it and then extract it to any convenient location on your PC. Doing so will give you the platform-tools folder, which will be used throughout this guide to install Project Elixir on Redmi Note 10 Pro/Max.
STEP 2: Enable USB Debugging and OEM Unlocking
Next up, you will also have to enable USB Debugging and OEM Unlocking on your device. The former will make your device recognizable by the PC in ADB mode. This will then allow you to boot your device to Fastboot Mode. On the other hand, OEM Unlocking is required to carry out the bootloader unlocking.
So head over to Settings > About Phone > Tap on Build Number 7 times > Go back to Settings > System > Advanced > Developer Options > Enable USB Debugging and OEM Unlocking.
STEP 3: Unlock Bootloader on Redmi Note 10 Pro/Max
Next up, you will also have to unlock the device’s bootloader. Do keep in mind that doing so will wipe off all the data from your device and could nullify its warranty as well. So if that’s all well and good, then please refer to our detailed guide on How to Unlock Bootloader on any Xiaomi Device.
STEP 4: Download Firmware
Next up, you’ll have to download the latest firmware corresponding to your region. You may get them from below [Also Read: How to Flash/Update Firmware on Redmi Note 10 Pro]
STEP 5: Download Project Elixir for Redmi Note 10 Pro/Max
- You may now grab hold of the Project Elixir ROM for your device from below.
Project Elixir for Redmi Note 10 Pro: DOWNLOAD LINK Project Elixir for Redmi Note 10 Pro Max: DOWNLOAD LINK
- Rename the ROM file to rom.zip and transfer it to the platform-tools folder.
STEP 6: Boot to Fastboot Mode
- Connect your device to the PC via a USB cable. Make sure USB Debugging is enabled.
- Then head over to the platform-tools folder, type in CMD in the address bar, and hit Enter. This will launch the Command Prompt.
- After that, type in the following command in the CMD window to boot your device to Fastboot Mode
adb reboot bootloader
- To verify the Fastboot connection, type in the below command and you should get back the device ID.
- If you don’t get any serial ID, then please install Fastboot Drivers.
STEP 7: Install and Boot to OrangeFox Recovery
Next up, you’ll have to install the OrangeFox Recovery on your device. For that, do check out our guide on How to Install OrangeFox Recovery on Redmi Note 10 Pro. As far as Project Elixir is concerned, you should flash the OrangeFox Recovery version R11.1_4 [refer to the linked guide above].
Moreover, once you have flashed the OrangeFox Recovery, use the below command to boot to the recovery:
fastboot reboot recovery
STEP 8: Install Project Elixir on Redmi Note 10 Pro/Max
- From the OrangeFox Recovery, select the MIUI Firmware and perform a right swipe to flash it.
- Now go to Reboot and select Recovery. Your device will reboot to OrangeFox Recovery
- Once done, select the Project Elixir ROM and perform a right swipe to flash it.
- Moving on, now go to Format Data, type in YES, and hit the orange checkmark.
- Finally, go to Reboot and select System. Your device will boot to the newly flashed OS. That’s it.
These were the steps to install the latest Project Elixir ROM based on Android 13 onto your Redmi Note 10 Pro. If you have any queries concerning the aforementioned steps, do let us know in the comments. We will get back to you with a solution at the earliest.
- Install LineageOS 20 Android 13 on Redmi Note 10 Pro/Max [Video]
- How to Install PixelOS on Redmi Note 10 Pro
- How to Flash/Update Firmware on Redmi Note 10 Pro
- Install EliteROM on Redmi Note 10 Pro/Max [Video]
- How to Install OrangeFox Recovery on Redmi Note 10 Pro