UPDATE 1: This Android 10 Update for Xiaomi Mi A3 contains tons of bugs. If you are a tech enthusiast, then go ahead and flash it. For general users, it better to wait even more. Seems like Xioami failed again! Bug list follows at the end.
UPDATE 2: Added the Fingerprint bug fix!
Android One devices are known for two things-providing Android upgrades for 2 years and a promise to faster Android updates. Well, it is the latter in which Xiaomi has failed, and quite miserably so, to be honest. It has been playing this hide and seek game for ages. While it is one executive says that the update is round the corner, the other outright rejects this claim. We even got to hear the update getting delayed due to Corona Virus concerns. This is what they had to say:
Hey Mi A3 users,
The Xiaomi Mi A3 was due to receive the Android 10 update a bit earlier this month but has missed that date by a couple of weeks now. The outbreak of the novel coronavirus – officially known as COVID-19 – is wreaking havoc on the tech industry, and that was the only reason for slowing down Android updates 10 updates for Mi A3.
Well, we could only speculate what was the real concern. But still, it is glad that we have finally managed to get our hands on the latest iteration of Android. And today, we are proud to share with you the Android 10 update file for the Xiaomi Mi A3.
Table of Contents
Download Android 10 Xiaomi Mi A3
Right now, the update is going live for the global version. And it should hit the European markets pretty soon. Initially, this was a closed-update program with only 1000 beta-testers being able to try out this update. But now, this Android 10 file for Xiaomi Mi A3 is available for the wider audience. So without further ado, here is the desired file. On that note, also check out the guide to Unlock Bootloader and Root Mi A3 via Magisk.
- Device: Xiaomi Mi A3
- Codename: laurel_sprout
- Region: Global Stable
- Version: V18.104.22.168.QFQMIXM
- Release Date: 29/02/2020
- Android version: Android 10
- Type: Recovery
- Download: Link
- Size: 1.3GB
- Type: Recovery
Well, it is quite astonishing to note that such a big OEM like Xiaomi could take ages to launch an Android 10 update for its Mi A3 device and even when it does, it messes up big time. What are your views on this? Are you going to try out this update or wait for a future release? In any case, stick with us. We will be updating this guide with a newer version of this build as and when it gets released by Xiaomi and also post other bugs fixes as well.
Update 1: List of Bugs in Android 10 Update of Xiaomi Mi A3
Well, this build contains a plethora of bugs, to be honest. These are all the bugs that I managed to find out:
- Buggy Fingerprint. Working sometimes, not working most of the time. I will post a fix for that very soon.
- The camera closes on Pro Mode.
- System lags.
- Dark Mode issues.
- Failed to recognize SD card in some cases.
- Customize your Mi A3 banner notice in Settings that can’t be dismissed.
- Qualcomm diagnostic tool is forgotten in Settings….
UPDATE 2: Fingerprint Bugs fix
As mentioned before I have managed to get a hold of the fingerprint bug fix for Xiaomi Mi A3 running Android 10. here is what needs to be done.
- First of all, make sure Show fingerprint icon when the screen is off” option is enabled. To do so, go to Settings > Security > Fingerprint > Type your Pattern/password > Show fingerprint icon when the screen is off.
- Next, go to Settings > Display > Advanced > Lock Screen display > Enable New notifications.
- Now with the screen turned off, double-tap on the screen and the fingerprint icon will appear.