In this guide, we will show you the steps to unlock the bootloader on Realme 7/7I/7 Pro. The devices from this Chinese OEM have seen a massive rise in its popularity in the past couple of years. It has stuck with its USP of offering a rich set of features without burning a hole in your pockets, and it seems to have paid dividends. One doesn’t have to look any further than its seventh iteration of devices which has already created a rich segment of a loyal fanbase, which comprises f both the general users and the tech enthusiasts.
Yes, the tech geeks are equally impressed with these devices as they are currently among the most popular players in custom development. Be it for flashing custom ROMs, trying out a custom recovery like TWRP, or gaining administrative privileges by rooting your device via Magisk, the possibilities stand endless. But before you could try out any of these tweaks, you have to checkmark an important prerequisite off the list- the bootloader on your Realme 7/7I/7 Pro needs to be unlocked. And in this guide, we will show you how to do just that. Follow along.
Benefits and Risks of Unlocking Bootloader on Realme 7/7I/7 Pro
Unlocking the bootloader is the gateway to extract maximum benefits of Android’s open-source ecosystem. For example, you will be able to install a custom ROM or flash a custom recovery like TWRP. Likewise, you will also be able to get access to the system partition as well as administrative privileges by rooting your device via Magisk. This will then allow you to flash Magisk Modules, Xposed Framework, Substratum Themes, Viper4Android among others.
However, carrying out these tweaks brings in a few uninvited risks as well. To begin with, it will wipe off all the data and could nullify the device’s warranty as well. Along the same lines, it will degrade the Widevine L1 certification to L3, thereby preventing you from streaming content in HD [FIXED]. The SafetyNet will be triggered as well, thereby preventing you from using banking apps [FIXED]. So if that’s well and good then let’s get started with the steps to unlock the bootloader on Realme 7/7I/7 Pro.
How to Unlock Bootloader on Realme 7/7I/7 Pro
The below instructions are listed under separate sections for ease of understanding. Make sure to follow in the same sequence as mentioned. Droidwin and its members wouldn’t be held responsible in case of a thermonuclear war, your alarm doesn’t wake you up, or if anything happens to your device and data by performing the below steps.
STEP 1: Install Android SDK
First and foremost, you will have to install the Android SDK Platform Tools on your PC. This is the official ADB and Fastboot binary provided by Google and is the only recommended one. So download it and then extract it to any convenient location on your PC. Doing so will give you the platform-tools folder, which will be used throughout this guide.
STEP 2: Enable USB Debugging and OEM Unlocking
Next up, you will have to enable USB Debugging and OEM Unlocking on your device. The former will make your device recognizable by the PC in ADB mode. This will then allow you to boot your device to Fastboot Mode. On the other hand, OEM Unlocking is required to carry out the bootloader unlocking process.
So head over to Settings > About Phone > Tap on Build Number 7 times > Go back to Settings > System > Advanced > Developer Options > Enable USB Debugging and OEM Unlocking.
STEP 3: Download In-Depth Test APK
As opposed to other OEMs, Realme requires you to first download and install its Bootloader Unlock APK (Deep Testing App). So get hold of the same from the below link corresponding to your device. As far as the installation instructions go, it’s the same as for any other APK- just enable Installation From Unknown Sources and install the app right away:
Realme 7 Bootloader Unlock APK: Download Link Realme 7I Bootloader Unlock APK: Download Link Realme 7 Pro Bootloader Unlock APK: Download Link
STEP 4: Submit Application
- To begin with, install the In-Depth Test APK onto your Realme device.
- Launch it and tap on the Start Applying button situated at the bottom.
- Then read the disclaimer, tick mark the checkbox that says “I have read and agreed to the aforesaid content” and tap on the Submit Application button.
- You should now get the ‘Application Submitted, Processing, Please wait’ message. The entire process takes a maximum of 15 minutes.
- Once that is done, you will get the option to Start the In-Depth Test (just above the Back button).
- The device will now reboot and you will get the fast boot_unlock_verify ok message on the screen.
STEP 5: Unlock Bootloader on Realme 7/7I/7 Pro
- Connect your device to the PC via USB cable. Make sure USB Debugging is enabled.
- Next up, type in the below command to boot your Realme GT 5G device to Bootloader mode:
adb reboot bootloader
- Finally, execute the following command to unlock the bootloader on your Realme device:
fastboot flashing unlock
- At this point in time, you should see the Bootloader Confirmation Message on your device. Use the Volume keys to highlight the UNLOCK THE BOOTLOADER message and press the Power key to confirm your decision.
- The device will now enter the in-depth test mode. Subsequently, all the data will be erased and then the bootloader will be unlocked.
So these were the steps to unlock the bootloader on your Realme 7/7I/7 Pro device. You may now go ahead and try your preferred custom ROMs, recoveries and mods. Likewise, if you have any queries concerning the aforementioned steps, do let us know in the comments. We will get back to you with a solution at the earliest.
- Root Android 12 via Magisk patched boot.img (without TWRP)
- How to Flash Realme OFP Firmware via MSM Download Tool
- How to Unbrick Realme Devices via SP Flash Tool
- Flash OFP File in Realme Devices using Realme Flash Tool
- How to Pass SafetyNet on Rooted Android 12