In this guide, we will show you the steps to unbrick your OnePlus Nord 2T via Fastboot. While the OEM is a shadow self of what it once used to be, however, it is still quite an active player in custom development. And even though the Nord 2T doesn’t have support for numerous custom binary, but still there are a few tweaks that you could welcome abode on your device.
From flashing custom/GSI ROMs to gaining administrative access via root and then installing numerous mods, there’s a lot to look forward to. However, carrying out these tweaks might prove to be a risky bet as well. There’s every chance of things going south and your device ending up in a bootloop or a soft brick state. Fortunately, there exists a nifty method through which you could easily unbrick your OnePlus Nord 2T via Fastboot. And in this guide, we will show you how to do just that. Follow along.
Table of Contents
How to Unbrick OnePlus Nord 2T via Fastboot
If possible, please take a backup of all the data on your device as the below process will reset your device. Droidwin and its members wouldn’t be held responsible in case of a thermonuclear war, your alarm doesn’t wake you up, or if anything happens to your device and data by performing the below steps.
STEP 1: Download Fastboot Enhance Tool
Download the Fastboot Enhance Tool from GitHub [direct link]. Once downloaded, extract it to any convenient location on your PC. The biggest advantage of this tool is that you could directory flash the payload.bin file, there is no need to extract it and get the resultant IMG files!
STEP 2: Download OnePlus Nord 2T Stock ROM
- Next up, get hold of the firmware for your device from below:
- Once downloaded, extract it and transfer the resultant payload.bin file to the Fastboot Enhance Tool folder.
STEP 3: Install Android SDK
Next up, install the Android SDK Platform Tools on your PC. This is the official ADB and Fastboot binary provided by Google and is the only recommended one. So download it and then extract it to any convenient location on your PC. Doing so will give you the platform tools folder, which will be used throughout this guide.
STEP 4: Install Fastboot Drivers
The tool doesn’t come with the Fastboot Drivers, so you will manually have to install it on your PC. For that, please refer to our guide on How to Install Fastboot Drivers in Windows 11. Likewise, make sure to install the OnePlus USB Drivers as well [they are usually automatically installed as soon as you connect your device to the Windows PC for the first time].
STEP 5: Boot to Fastboot Mode
Since your device is currently stuck in a bootloop/soft brick, you wouldn’t be able to use the adb reboot bootloader command. Therefore, your best bet is to use the hardware key combinations. For that, log press the power key to turn off your device. Then press and hold the Volume Down keys for a few seconds and your device will reboot to Fastboot Mode.
Moreover, to verify the Fastboot connection, type in the below command and you should get back the device ID.
STEP 6: Unbrick OnePlus Nord 2T via Fastboot
- To begin with, launch the Fastboot Enhance Tool via its EXE file.
- Your device should be listed under the Fastboot Virtualization tab, select it.
- After that, click on the Reboot to FastbootD button.
- Your device will boot to FastbootD Mode.
- Now go to the Payload Dumper tab and click on Browse.
- Navigate to the payload.bin file, select it, and click Open.
- The file will now be loaded in the tool, displaying the resultant information.
- Now go to the Fastboot Virtualization tab and click on Flash payload.bin. If the flashing starts, well and good.
- However, if you get the ‘Virtual A/B temporary partitions exist’ popup, then click on No.
- After that, go to the Partitions tab and type in cow in the Filter by name box.
- Select all the partitions from the results that have cow in their name and hit the Delete button.
- Once done, click on Flash payload.bin. This time the flashing will start without any issues.
- Once complete, you will be notified of the same. Now boot to Recovery Mode by clicking on Reboot to Recovery.
- Now perform a factory reset from Recovery [compulsory] and you may then reboot your device to the OS.
That’s it. These were the steps to unbrick your OnePlus Nord 2T via Fastboot. If you have any queries concerning the aforementioned steps, do let us know in the comments. We will get back to you with a solution at the earliest.