In this guide, we will show you the steps to transfer WhatsApp chats without using Google Drive. The instant messaging service from Meta is on a feature-releasing spree over the past few months. Recently, it made it possible to use your WhatsApp account across four different devices. And now, another similar and equally useful functionality has just been rolled out.
With the latest update, you could now easily transfer all your WhatsApp chats without using Google Drive. Up until now, you had to first take a backup which was then uploaded to Drive. Since this backup also had images [and optional videos] and there was no option to segregate texts [chats] from them, you had no choice but to back up and upload the entire data.
This not only consumed unnecessary bandwidth but would also take quite a lot of time to complete. Fortunately, you could now skip this waiting queue and directly cut to the chase. So on that note, here’s how to this feature right away.
How to Transfer WhatsApp Chat without using Google Drive
- First off, update WhatsApp to its latest beta version 18.104.22.168.
- Then launch the app and tap on the overflow icon at the top.
- Now go to Chats and select Chat Transfer. Then tap on Start.
- It will now bring up a QR Code, scan it via your second device.
- All your chats will now be exported to your other device in seconds.
If you don’t see this feature, then fret not. It is currently being slowly rolled out in batches to a few randomly selected beta testers. So do keep a tab on this update, you will eventually be blessed with this feature sooner than later. On that note, we round off this guide on how you could transfer WhatsApp chats without using Google Drive. If you still have any queries concerning the aforementioned steps, do let us know in the comments. We will get back to you with a solution.
- WhatsApp Crashing on iPhone 13 Pro Max: How to Fix
- List of all WhatsApp Proxy Servers and how to use them
- WhatsApp Textbox and Send button cut off in Galaxy Z Fold 3 [Fix]
- WhatsApp call not ringing when screen is off [Fixed]