In this guide, we will show you the steps to SIM Unlock the T-Mobile Google Pixel 6 Pro. Now that the latest iteration of the Pixel series has finally made its presence felt, there are quite a few things to look forward to. Among them, the new Tensor chipset and an in-display fingerprint are the two most talked-about features (the latter though not for all the right reasons). Along the same lines, you could Android 12 out of the box, which in itself translates to a plethora of goodies.
Talking about which, you also get a few exclusive treats, including the likes of Magic Eraser (which could now be ported to older Pixels as well). All in all, these devices seem to have a plethora of tweaks that might grab your attention. However, for the T-Mobile variant of the Google Pixel 6 Pro, users are inclined to get hold of the steps to SIM Unlock their device. If you are also on the same page, then this guide is here to help you out. Follow along for the detailed instruction sets.
How to SIM Unlock T-Mobile Google Pixel 6 Pro
- To begin with, take a backup of all the data on your device as the process requires a factory reset.
- Once that is done, go to Settings > System > Reset > Erase all data (factory reset).
- Then tap on the Erase All Data button situated at the bottom right.
- Once that is done, you shall be taken to the setup screen.
- You will now have to bypass the activation without using your SIM or WiFi.
- Once that is done and your device gets booted to OS, enable USB Debugging. For that, go Settings > System > Tap on Build Number 7 times > Go back to Settings > System > Developer Options > Enable USB Debugging.
- Now download Android SDK Platform Tools and extract it to any convenient location on your PC.
- Then connect your device to the PC via the USB Cable.
- After that, head over to the platform-tools folder, type in CMD in its address bar, and hit Enter. This will launch the Command Prompt window.
- Now type in the below command in the CMD window and it shall bring in your device ID
- Finally, execute the below command to SIM Unlock the T-Mobile Google Pixel 6 Pro
pm uninstall -k --user 0 com.google.android.apps.work.oobconfig
- That’s it, your device is now fully unlocked. Just keep in mind not to factory reset your device, or you will then have to restart this process again.
There’s a new method in town that deserves your attention as well. So do check out the below-linked guide and give it a try right away.
What About T-Mobile Pixel 6 Pro Bootloader Unlock?
Well, the above process doesn’t seem to do any good when it comes to unlocking the bootloader on Pixel 6 Pro. While the SIM is unlocked, the OEM Unlock toggle still remains greyed out. Anyways, you could still give it a shot via the fastboot flashing unlock command and check out the results (keep in mind the warranty void, factory reset, and other consequences of the unlock process).
Anyways, on that note, we round off the guide on how you could SIM Unlock the T-Mobile Google Pixel 6 Pro. If you have any queries concerning the aforementioned steps, do let us know in the comments. We will get back to you with a solution at the earliest. Rounding off, we would like to thank XDA Member lipon625 for this tweak.
- How to Remove Navigation Bar Gesture Pill on Non-Rooted Pixel 6/Pro
- How to Install OTA Updates on Rooted Pixel 6/Pro
- Fix: Google Assistant Quick Phrase not available in Pixel 6/Pro
- Google Pixel 6 Dialling Random Contacts: Don’t Call James!