In this guide, we will show you the steps to root your OnePlus Nord N100 device via Magisk Patched boot.img file. Ever since the OEM decided to bid adieu to its in-house OxygenOS and jumped ships over to the ColorOS, it has received negative receptions from left, right, and center. A brand having its tagline of “Pretty much everything you could ask for” and then doing something that literally no one asked for, well its downfall is definitely the writing on the walls.
Along the same lines, out of all the devices in the Nord lineup, it’s the N100 that seems to be the least active. So while you might not get yourself treated to a plethora of custom ROMs or a fully functional custom recovery anytime soon, you could still carry out one of the most important tweaks on this device- and that is the ability to root it via Magisk. Doing so will then allow you to flash a plentitude of modules and add new features to your device. So on that note, let’s get started with the steps to root your OnePlus Nord N100 device via Magisk.
Benefits and Risks of Rooting
Once you root your device, you will be in a position to flash a plethora of mods. These include the likes of Fox Magisk Modules, Substratum Themes, Xposed Framework via LSPosed, Viper4Android among others. Along the same lines, you could also flash a custom kernel and implement your desired CPU profile. However, such tweaks do come in with a few risks as well.
To begin with, rooting requires you to unlock the bootloader- which will wipe of all the data and could nullify the warranty as well. Likewise, SafetyNet will be triggered [FIXED] which will result in your inability to use banking apps [FIXED]. So if all that’s well and good, then let’s get started with the steps to root your OnePlus Nord N100 via the Magisk patched boot.img file.
How to Root OnePlus Nord N100 via Magisk Patched Boot
The below instructions are listed under separate sections for ease of understanding. Make sure to follow in the exact same sequence as mentioned. Droidwin and its members wouldn’t be held responsible in case of a thermonuclear war, your alarm doesn’t wake you up, or if anything happens to your device and data by performing the below steps.
Install Android SDK
First and foremost, you will have to install the Android SDK Platform Tools on your PC. This is the official ADB and Fastboot binary provided by Google and is the only recommended one. So download it and then extract it to any convenient location on your PC. Doing so will give you the platform-tools folder, which will be used throughout this guide.
Enable USB Debugging and OEM Unlocking
Next up, you will have to enable USB Debugging and OEM Unlocking on your device. The former will make your device recognizable by the PC in ADB mode. This will then allow you to boot your device to Fastboot Mode. On the other hand, OEM Unlocking is required to carry out the bootloader unlocking process.
So head over to Settings > About Phone > Tap on Build Number 7 times > Go back to Settings > System > Advanced > Developer Options > Enable USB Debugging and OEM Unlocking.
Unlock Bootloader on OnePlus Nord N100
After this, you will have to unlock the bootloader on your OnePlus Nord N100. Do keep in mind that this process will wipe off all the data and might nullify the device’s warranty as well. So if that’s all well and good, then refer to our comprehensive guide on How to Unlock Bootloader on OnePlus Nord N100.
Extract OnePlus Nord N100 Boot.img File from Payload.bin
You will now have to download the stock firmware for your device(the exact same version that is currently installed on your device) and then extract the stock boot.img file from it. When it comes to OnePlus, it packs in all the partition files in the payload.bin package.
So you will have to extract this BIN file to get the required boot.img file. For that, you may refer to our comprehensive guide to How to Extract payload.bin and get the stock boot image file.
Patch OnePlus Nord 100 Boot.img via Magisk
- Download and install the latest Magisk APK onto your device.
- Then launch it and tap on the Install button next to Magisk.
- After that, choose ‘Select and Patch a File’, navigate to the stock boot.img file, and select it.
- Then tap on the Let’s Go button situated at the top right.
- The boot.img file will now be patched and placed under the Downloads folder on your device.
- You should transfer this file to the platform-tools folder on your PC. Also, rename it to magisk_patched. We will now be using this file to root your OnePlus Nord N100 via Magisk.
Boot OnePlus Nord 100 to Fastboot Mode
- Connect your device to the PC via USB cable. Make sure USB Debugging is enabled.
- Then head over to the platform-tools folder, type in CMD in the address bar, and hit Enter. This will launch the Command Prompt.
- Type in the following command in the CMD window to boot your device to Fastboot Mode
adb reboot bootloader
- Now type in the below command to verify the Fastboot Connection
- If you get a device ID followed by the fastboot keyword, then the connection stands successful. You may now proceed to the next step to root your OnePlus Nord N100 via Magisk Patched Boot.
Flash Magisk Patched Boot | Root OnePlus Nord N100
The below steps will permanently root your device. However, if you are looking for a temporary root, then do check out the FAQ section at the end of this guide.
- To begin with, make sure that the patched boot (magisk_patched.img) is present inside the platform-tools folder.
- Now open the CMD window inside this platform-tools folder and type in the below command to flash the patched boot.img file:
fastboot flash boot magisk_patched.img
- Once that is done, you may now reboot your device to the OS via the below command:
That’s it. These were the steps to root your OnePlus Nord 100 via Magisk. If you have any queries concerning the aforementioned steps, do let us know in the comments section. We will get back to you with a solution at the earliest.
- How to Hide Root from Apps via Magisk DenyList [Android 12]
- Pass SafetyNet on Rooted Android 12
- How to Enable Factory Mode in any OnePlus Device
- How to Enable VoLTE and VoWiFi on any OnePlus Device