In this guide, we will show you a couple of methods to restart or reset the iCloud drive sync. This cloud-sharing service from the Cupertino giant gives the user a perfect platform to store and sync data across their numerous Apple devices. Whether it’s the built-in Apple apps or contacts, settings, backups, and files, all of these could easily be shared or collaborated with other users.
However, in some instances, the syncing process might give out a tough time, even if there’s nothing wrong with the network. In this regard, many have said that the process simply gets stuck at syncing and they are even unable to get a hold of the current file or data being synced. If you are also in the same boat, then the best bet will be to reset or restart the iCloud Drive sync process. So without further ado, let’s get started.
How to Reset iCloud Drive Sync
You could carry out this task either via Activity Monitor or using Terminal. We have listed both these methods below, you may refer to the one that is in sync with your requirement.
Via Activity Monitor
- Open Launchpad > go to Others > open Activity Monitor.
- Then search bird in the top right and select it from the results.
- Now double-click to open it and click Quit > Force Quit.
- That’s it. This will reset the iCloud drive sync.
- Open Launchpad > go to Others > open Terminal.
- Then execute the below command in the Terminal:
How to Restart iCloud Drive Sync
Similar to reset, you could also restart the cloud Drive sync via two different methods, as shown below:
- Click on the Apple icon at the top left and select Restart.
- Once your PC reboots, retry the sync process and check out the results.
Re-Sign into Apple Account
- Open System Settings and select your username from the top.
- Then click on the Sign-out button present at the bottom left.
- Now proceed with the on-screen instructions to log out.
- Once done, re-sign into your account from System Settings and check out the results.
That’s it. These were the four different methods to restart/reset the iCloud drive sync. If you have any queries concerning the aforementioned steps, do let us know in the comments. We will get back to you with a solution at the earliest.
- iCloud Message Storage doesn’t add up: Deleted photos return!
- Fix iCloud Drive Backup: ‘An unknown Error occurred’ on iOS 16.3
- Cannot Change Child Profile Picture on iCloud Account [Fix]
- How to Remove the iCloud Drive Sync Error symbol