In this guide, we will show you the steps to remap the HBO Max button to Max on your Android TV Remote. Warner Bros. Discovery has recently rebranded the HBO Max app to Max in a rather confusing manner. While we have seen many such changes but none of them required us to download an additional app.
However, with his change, the original HBO MAx is now dead and you’ll have to download an additional app [Max] to continue using its services. So what’s the issue with this? Well on paper, it looks like you only need to uninstall an existing app and install a new one which would only require a few additional bandwidth, however, on the flip side it has broken some functionalities.
The perfect example of the same is the fact that the HBO Max button will no longer work on your Android TV Remote. Fortunately, there does exist a nifty workaround using which you could remap the HBO Max button and make it open Max on your remote. And in this guide, we will show you how to do just that. Follow along.
How to Remap HBO Max Button to Max on Android TV Remote
- Launch Play Store on your Android TV, search Button Mapper, and install it.
- Now launch Button Mapper and it will ask you to enable Accessibility Services.
- So go to Settings > Device Preferences > Accessibility > Button Mapper and enable the toggle next to it.
- Launch Button Mapper and select the button that is currently mapped to HBO Max.
- Finally, choose the Max app from the list and it will be assigned to the HBO Max button.
These were the steps to remap the HBO Max button to Max on your Android TV Remote. If you have any queries concerning the aforementioned steps, do let us know in the comments. We will get back to you with a solution at the earliest.