In this guide, we will show you the steps to install WhatsApp on your Galaxy Watch 4/5 officially via Play Store [no need for any ADB Commands/Sideload]. The smartwatch from the South Korean giant is without a shadow of a doubt the most popular player in this domain. Housing the Android-based OS, it allows you to directly run numerous Android apps onto your watch, including the most popular instant messaging service from Meta.
Up until now, you could only view and reply to new WhatsApp messages from the notification section of the watch, you cannot access your existing conversations on your watch. However, that is now about to change. With the latest update, you could now easily access all your past and present conversations and even participate in group chats- directly from your watch. So without further ado, let’s check how this could be carried out.
How to Install WhatsApp on Galaxy Watch 4/5 via Play Store
At the time of writing, this feature is only available in the beta stage, so you’ll have to join as a beta tester [explained below]. Once it reaches the stable state, you could then skip that step [we will update the guide as well when that happens]
- To begin with, head over to this link and join as a WhatsApp Beta Tester. [Cannot join? See FAQ below].
- Then download and install the latest WhatsApp beta version from Play Store on your device.
- Now open Play Store on your watch > search WhatsApp > and install it.
- Once done, launch WhatsApp on your watch and you’ll get an eight-digit paring code.
- Similarly, you’ll now get a prompt on your device to enter that pairing code.
- Tap on that prompt, hit Confirm, and then type in that pairing code.
- Once done, your watch will be added under the Linked Devices section of WhatsApp [named Wear OS].
- Likewise, all your chats will now be loaded onto your watch’s WhatsApp.
That’s it. These were the steps to install WhatsApp on your Galaxy Watch 4/5 via Play Store. If you have any queries concerning the aforementioned steps, do let us know in the comments. We will get back to you with a solution at the earliest.
How to Install WhatsApp on Galaxy Watch 4/5 If I Cannot Join WhatsApp Beta
If for some reason, you are unable to join the WhatsApp beta testing, then you’ll have to manually update it by sideloading the app from a trusted third-party site. For instance, you could download the latest WhatsApp Beta APK for your device from here and your watch from here. Now install the APK on your device as you do for any other APK file. On the other hand, for installing the APK on your watch, you could refer to this guide or check out the below shorter steps:
- First off, install the latest WhatsApp beta on your device.
- Then launch WhatsApp on your watch and select Apps on your phone.
- Now select WhatsApp from the list and hit Install.
- The latest WhatsApp beta will now be installed on your watch.
- You could now proceed with step 4 above to complete the setup.
- How to Use eSIM from a Different Carrier on Galaxy Watch 5/Pro
- Measure ECG and BP on Galaxy Watch 5 [Unsupported Countries]
- Change Screen Density/DPI/Display Size in Galaxy Watch 5
- Internet/WiFi not working on Galaxy Watch 5: How to Fix