In this guide, we will show you the steps to install the TWRP Recovery onto your Xiaomi Poco X3 Pro device. The Poco series has always been among the most active players in custom development. Then the newest addition to this family, the X3 Pro, has set the bar even higher. There is a plentitude of tweaks and customizations already lined up, waiting to become a permanent abode onto your device.
However, before you could welcome any of these mods, you need to pave their territory. And that is only possible with the help of a custom recovery. Be it for flashing Custom ROMs or modules, ZIP, and IMG files, all these could easily be carried out via TWRP. Along the same lines, you could also take a complete device backup and restore it as and when required via the Nandroid Backup feature.
Then it also allows you to delete various device partitions, which is a prerequisite before flashing any customized firmware. So with this, you would have got a decent idea regarding the perks of having a custom recovery, let’s now make you aware of its installation steps. Given here are the detailed steps to install the TWRP Recovery onto your Xiaomi Poco X3 Pro device. Follow along.
How to Install TWRP Recovery on Poco X3 Pro
The below instructions are listed under separate sections for ease of understanding. Make sure to follow in the exact same sequence as mentioned. Droidwin and its members wouldn’t be held responsible in case of a thermonuclear war, your alarm doesn’t wake you up, or if anything happens to your device and data by performing the below steps.
STEP 1: Install Android SDK
First and foremost, you will have to install the Android SDK Platform Tools on your PC. This is the official ADB and Fastboot binary provided by Google and is the only recommended one. So download it and then extract it to any convenient location on your PC. Doing so will give you the platform-tools folder, which will be used throughout this guide.
STEP 2: Enable USB Debugging and OEM Unlocking
Next up, you will also have to enable USB Debugging and OEM Unlocking on your device. The former will make your device recognizable by the PC in ADB mode. This will then allow you to boot your device to Fastboot Mode. On the other hand, OEM Unlocking is required to carry out the bootloader unlocking process.
So head over to Settings > About Phone > Tap on Build Number 7 times > Go back to Settings > System > Advanced > Developer Options > Enable USB Debugging and OEM Unlocking.
STEP 3: Unlock Bootloader on Poco X3 Pro
Next up, you will also have to unlock the device’s bootloader. Do keep in mind that doing so will wipe off all the data from your device and could nullify its warranty as well. So if that’s all well and good, then please refer to our detailed guide on How to Unlock Bootloader on any Xiaomi Device.
STEP 4: Download TWRP Recovery for Poco X3 Pro
Let’s make you aware of the working and non-working (bugs) functionalities of the recovery. Follow along.
- ADB work
- SD card and USB OTG are working
- Decryption is working
While the developer hasn’t listed any specific bugs as such, but the recovery is still in an Alpha stage, so you might face some occasional issues, though nothing has been documented as such.
- You may now grab hold of the custom recovery for your device from the below link
- Once you have downloaded the recovery, rename it to twrp, so that the complete name becomes twrp.img.
- Likewise, transfer this twrp.img file to the platform-tools folder on your PC.
STEP 5: Boot to Fastboot Mode
- Now connect your device to the PC via USB cable. Make sure USB Debugging is enabled.
- Then head over to the platform-tools folder, type in CMD in the address bar, and hit Enter. This will launch the Command Prompt.
- Type in the following command in the CMD window to boot your device to Fastboot Mode
adb reboot bootloader
- To verify the Fastboot connection, type in the below command and you should get back the device ID.
STEP 6: Flash TWRP Recovery on Poco X3 Pro
- Make sure that the recovery has been named to twrp.img and is placed inside the platform-tools folder.
- Now head over to this platform-tools folder, type in CMD in the address bar, and hit Enter. This will launch the Command Prompt.
- Then type in the following command in the CMD window to install the TWRP Recovery onto your Poco X3 Pro device:
fastboot flash recovery twrp.img
- TWRP has now been successfully flashed, let’s now boot your device this recovery [compulsory, not optional]. Enter the below command for that:
fastboot boot twrp.img
- Your device will now boot to TWRP and you may now carry out the desired task. Once done, you may reboot the device to OS via Reboot > System.
That’s it. These were the steps to install the TWRP Recovery onto your Xiaomi Poco X3 Pro device. If you have any queries concerning the aforementioned steps, do let us know in the comments. We will get back to you with a solution at the earliest.