In this guide, we will show you the steps to install the TWRP Recovery on Infinix Hot 9. The OEM has quite a decent number of devices lined up in its arsenal. But in spite of the plethora of offerings, it is the ninth series that managed to grab most of the limelight. Maintaining an equilibrium between the feature set and the price bracket, there’s not much that a user could have asked for from these devices.
Then the fact that they are having a reputable name in the custom development proves to be the icing on the cake. Once you have unlocked the device’s bootloader, then there are a plethora of tweaks and mods waiting to make a permanent abode on your device. These include the likes of flashing a custom/GSI ROM and gaining administrative privileges by rooting your device via Magisk.
This in turn will allow you to flash Magisk Modules, Xposed Framework, and a plentitude of other tweaks. However, before you could flash any ZIP or IMG file, you will need to have a working custom recovery installed. And in this guide, we will help you with just that. Given here are the detailed steps to install the TWRP Recovery onto your Infinix Hot 9. Follow along for the instructions.
Install TWRP Recovery on Infinix Hot 9
The below instructions are listed under separate sections for ease of understanding. Make sure to follow the same sequence as mentioned. Droidwin and its members wouldn’t be held responsible in case of a thermonuclear war, your alarm doesn’t wake you up, or if anything happens to your device and data by performing the below steps.
STEP 1: Install Android SDK
First and foremost, you will have to install the Android SDK Platform Tools on your PC. This is the official ADB and Fastboot binary provided by Google and is the only recommended one. So download it and then extract it to any convenient location on your PC. Doing so will give you the platform-tools folder, which will be used throughout this guide.
STEP 2: Enable USB Debugging and OEM Unlocking
Next up, you will have to enable USB Debugging and OEM Unlocking on your device. The former will make your device recognizable by the PC in ADB mode. This will then allow you to boot your device to Fastboot Mode. On the other hand, OEM Unlocking is required to carry out the bootloader unlocking process.
So head over to Settings > About Phone > Tap on Build Number 7 times > Go back to Settings > System > Advanced > Developer Options > Enable USB Debugging and OEM Unlocking.
STEP 3: Unlock Bootloader on Infinix Hot 9
After this, you will have to unlock the bootloader on your Infinix Hot 9. Do keep in mind that this process will wipe off all the data and might nullify the device’s warranty as well. So if that’s all well and good, then refer to our comprehensive guide on How to Unlock Bootloader on Infinix Hot 9/Play/Pro
STEP 4: Download TWRP Recovery for Infinix Hot 9
- Get hold of the TWRP Recovery for your device from the below link
X680B ( Variant ) X680B-H6215EFIJ-Q-OP X680F ( Variant ) X680F-H6116P-Q-OP - ( 1 ) X680F-H6116P-Q-OP - ( 2 ) X680 ( Variant ) X680-H6116DE-QGo-OP
- Once downloaded, rename the file to twrp, so that the complete name becomes twrp.img.
- Then transfer the twrp.img file to the platform-tools folder on your PC.
STEP 5: Get Vbmeta for Infinix Hot 9
You will now have to get hold of the vbmeta file for your device in order to disable the verity check. So download the stock firmware for your device and extract it to any convenient location on your PC. Then copy the vbmeta.img file from there and transfer it to the platform-tools folder on your PC.
STEP 6: Boot Infinix Hot 9 to Fastboot Mode
- Connect your device to the PC via USB cable. Make sure USB Debugging is enabled.
- Then head over to the platform-tools folder, type in CMD in the address bar, and hit Enter. This will launch the Command Prompt.
- Type in the following command in the CMD window to boot your device to Fastboot Mode
adb reboot bootloader
- Now type in the below command to verify the Fastboot Connection
- If you get a device ID followed by the fastboot keyword, then the connection stands successful and you may now proceed ahead to install TWRP on your Infinix Hot 9.
STEP 7: Disable Verity Check on Infinix Hot 9
Your next course of action should be to disable the verification check by flashing the vbmeta file. So execute the below command in the CMD window [that is opened in the platform-tools folder] to carry out the said task-
fastboot --disable-verity --disable-verification flash vbmeta vbmeta.img
STEP 8: Install TWRP and Root on Infinix Hot 9
- Type in the below command in the CMD window to flash the TWRP Recovery onto your Infinix Hot 9:
fastboot flash recovery twrp.img
- You may now boot your device to TWRP using the following command and then flash the desired files
fastboot reboot recovery
- Once done, you could then boot your device to the OS from Reboot > System.
That’s it. These were the steps to install the TWRP Recovery on your Infinix Hot 9. If you have any queries concerning the aforementioned steps, do let us know in the comments. We will get back to you with a solution at the earliest.
- Flash Firmware on Infinix Devices using Infinix Flash Tool
- Install TWRP Recovery on Infinix Note 8
- How to Root Infinix Note 8 via Magisk Patched Boot
- How to Unlock Bootloader on Infinix Hot 9/Play/Pro