In this guide, we will show you the steps to install the PixelOS Custom ROM on your Poco F4. When it comes to offering the best value for money, then the Poco lineup has made quite a name for itself. However, there is just one reason why some user still prefers to maintain a safe distance from this series- a bloated OS usage experience.
Well, you could now put this concern to rest as there exists a perfect window of opportunity to break free from the shackles of the MIUI ecosystem and welcome abode a clean stock OS experience with just the right amount of Pixel goodies. All thanks to the PixelOS custom ROM which has just made its way over to your Poco F4.So without further ado, let’s make you aware of the installation steps right away.
Table of Contents
How to Install PixelOS Custom ROM on Poco F4 [Android 14]
The below instructions are listed under separate sections for ease of understanding. Make sure to follow in the exact same sequence as mentioned. Droidwin and its members wouldn’t be held responsible in case of a thermonuclear war, your alarm doesn’t wake you up, or if anything happens to your device and data by performing the below steps.
STEP 1: Install Android SDK
First and foremost, you will have to install the Android SDK Platform Tools on your PC. This is the official ADB and Fastboot binary provided by Google and is the only recommended one. So download it and then extract it to any convenient location on your PC. Doing so will give you the platform-tools folder, which will be used throughout this guide to install PixelOS on Poco F4.
STEP 2: Enable USB Debugging and OEM Unlocking
Next up, you will also have to enable USB Debugging and OEM Unlocking on your device. The former will make your device recognizable by the PC in ADB mode. This will then allow you to boot your device to Fastboot Mode. On the other hand, OEM Unlocking is required to carry out the bootloader unlocking.
So head over to Settings > About Phone > Tap on Build Number 7 times > Go back to Settings > System > Advanced > Developer Options > Enable USB Debugging and OEM Unlocking.
STEP 3: Unlock Bootloader on Poco F4
Next up, you will also have to unlock the device’s bootloader. Do keep in mind that doing so will wipe off all the data from your device and could nullify its warranty as well. So if that’s all well and good, then please refer to our detailed guide on How to Unlock Bootloader on any Xiaomi Device.
STEP 4: Download PixelOS and Firmware for Poco F4
- You may now grab hold of the PixelOS ROM for your device from the below link.
PixelOS for Poco F4: DOWNLOAD LINK Latest Firmware for Poco F4: DOWNLOAD LINK GApps: Already Included
- Rename the ROM file to rom.zip and transfer it to the platform-tools folder on your PC.
- Next up, download the latest firmware from below and transfer it to your device.
Poco F4 Firmware: Download Link
STEP 5: Install OrangeFox Recovery on Poco F4
You will now have to install a custom recovery onto your Poco F4 to flash PixelOS. In this regard, you should Install Orange Fox Recovery on your Poco F4.
STEP 6: Boot to OrangeFox Recovery
- Now connect your device to the PC via a USB cable. Make sure USB Debugging is enabled.
- Then head over to the platform-tools folder, type in CMD in the address bar, and hit Enter. This will launch the Command Prompt.
- Type in the following command in the CMD window to boot your device to OrangeFox Recovery
adb reboot recovery
STEP 7: Install PixelOS on Poco F4
- From OrangeFox Recovery, go to Wipe > Advanced Wipe, and wipe Cache, Dalvik, and Data.
- Once done, go to Install, select the firmware ZIP, and flash it.
- Again go to Install, this time select the ROM ZIP file and flash it as well.
- Now go to Wipe > Format Data > and proceed with the on-screen instructions to complete the reset.
- Once done, go to Reboot and select Recovery. Your device will now reboot to PixelOS.
- From there, go to Factory Reset > Factory Reset/Format Data > Format Data and wait for the process to complete.
- Once done, select Reboot System Now. Your device will now boot to the newly installed OS.
That’s it. These were the steps to install PixelOS on your Poco F4. If you have any queries concerning the aforementioned steps, do let us know in the comments. We will get back to you with a solution at the earliest.