In this guide, we will show you the steps to install the latest PalyrimOS ROM on your Poco F4. The fourth iteration of the device in the Poco lineup has grabbed the attention of the masses. Offering power-packed specs sheets at a price that wouldn’t burn a hole in your pockets, well, there’s not much left to ask. Along the same lines, the device has maintained the lineage of its predecessor of being an active player in custom development.
In this regard, Poco F4 has already been blessed with a plethora of custom ROMs, with new additions every other week. The latest member to make its way is the PalyrimOS, which has managed to strike a fine balance between the OS stability and the overall feature set, thereby giving you a stable user experience. So on that note, let’s make you aware of the steps to install the latest PalyrimOS ROM on your Poco F4. Follow along.
How to Install PalyrimOS on Poco F4 [Video]
The below process will wipe off all the data from your device, so please take a complete device backup beforehand. Droidwin and its members wouldn’t be held responsible in case of a thermonuclear war, your alarm doesn’t wake you up, or if anything happens to your device and data by performing the below steps.
STEP 1: Install Android SDK
First and foremost, you will have to install the Android SDK Platform Tools on your PC. This is the official ADB and Fastboot binary provided by Google and is the only recommended one. So download it and then extract it to any convenient location on your PC. Doing so will give you the platform-tools folder, which will be used throughout this guide to install PalyrimOS on Poco F4.
STEP 2: Enable USB Debugging and OEM Unlocking
Next up, you will also have to enable USB Debugging and OEM Unlocking on your device. The former will make your device recognizable by the PC in ADB mode. This will then allow you to boot your device to Fastboot Mode. On the other hand, OEM Unlocking is required to carry out the bootloader unlocking.
So head over to Settings > About Phone > Tap on Build Number 7 times > Go back to Settings > System > Advanced > Developer Options > Enable USB Debugging and OEM Unlocking.
STEP 3: Unlock Bootloader on Poco F4
Next up, you will also have to unlock the device’s bootloader. Do keep in mind that doing so will wipe off all the data from your device and could nullify its warranty as well. So if that’s all well and good, then please refer to our detailed guide on How to Unlock Bootloader on any Xiaomi Device.
STEP 4: Download PalyrimOS ROM for Poco F4
- Grab hold of the MIUI Reborn ROM for Poco F4 from the below link.
PalyrimOS Poco F4: DOWNLOAD LINK
- Rename the ROM file to rom.zip and transfer it to the platform-tools folder on your PC.
STEP 5: Install TWRP Recovery on Poco F4
You will now have to install a custom recovery onto your Poco F4 so as to flash PalyrimOS. For that, you could refer to our guide on How to Install TWRP Recovery on Poco F4 [Video].
STEP 6: Boot to TWRP Recovery
- Now connect your device to the PC via a USB cable. Make sure USB Debugging is enabled.
- Then head over to the platform-tools folder, type in CMD in the address bar, and hit Enter. This will launch the Command Prompt.
- Type in the following command in the CMD window to boot your device to TWRP Recovery
adb reboot recovery
STEP 7: Install PalyrimOS ROM on Poco F4
- First off, transfer the rom.zip file to your device.
- Then go to Install > select the rom.zip, and perform a right swipe to flash it.
- Once done, go to Wipe and select Format Data.
- Then type YES in the space provided and hit the checkmark.
- Once done, go to Reboot and select System.
- Your device will now boot to the newly installed OS.
That’s it. These were the steps to install PalyrimOS ROM on your Poco F4. If you have any queries concerning the aforementioned steps, do let us know in the comments. We will get back to you with a solution at the earliest.
- Install Pixel Experience ROM Android 13 on Poco F4[Video]
- How to Install CalyxOS ROM on Poco F4
- How to Install SparkOS Custom ROM on Poco F4
- Install ArrowOS ROM, Root, Pass SafetyNet on Poco F4 [Video]