In this guide, we will show you the steps to install the LineageOS ROM on your Xiaomi 13 Pro device. The newest addition to the Xiaomi family has managed to grab the attention of the masses. However, the same sentiments might not be echoed in custom development as there are hardly any custom ROMs available for tech enthusiasts to try out. This is where Generic System Images come into the picture.
Since the device is Project Treble compatible, you could easily welcome abode some of the most popular ROMs onto your device. If there has been ever a ROM that needs no introduction of any sort, it has to be the offering from Lineage. It has time and again proved itself to be the absolute best in the modding community. So on that note, let’s make you aware of the steps to install the LineageOS ROM on your Xiaomi 13 Pro.
How to Install LineageOS on Xiaomi 13 Pro
Before starting, please take a backup of all the data on your device beforehand. Droidwin and its members wouldn’t be held responsible in case of a thermonuclear war, your alarm doesn’t wake you up, or if anything happens to your device and data by performing the below steps.
- To begin with, unlock the bootloader on your Android device.
- Then install the Treble Check app and check out the results under the CPU Architecture section.
- Now download and install the Shizuku app from Play Store.
- Then launch it and tap on Pairing > Developer options.
- Now enable the toggle next to Wireless Debugging.
- Then checkmark Always allow on this network and hit Allow.
- Now go back to the app and tap on Pair device with pairing code.
- You will now get a six-digit code as well as a prompt from Shizuku to type in that code.
- So type in the code in that prompt and hit Enter. You should now get the Paring Successful message.
- Now go back to the app’s home screen and tap Start. It will now start the service and will notify you of the same.
- To verify, make sure you are getting the “Shizuka is running” message on its home page.
- Now download and install the DSU Loader App from GitHub.
- Then launch DSU Loader, you’ll get a Shizuku prompt, tap Allow.
- Now download the desired GSI for your device from here: LineageOS TD-based | LineageOS Light
- Make sure to download the GSI that corresponds to your CPU Architecture [see STEP 2 above].
- Then create a new folder in the Internal Storage, name it GSI, and place the downloaded GSI ROM there.
- Now go back to the DSU Loader App. You’ll now get the Missing Permission prompt, tap Grant.
- Once done, tap on Select a file to be installed. Then navigate to the downloaded GSI ROM and select it.
- By default, the GSI ROM will be given a data partition of 2GB. If you want to expand it, then enable the toggle next to Userdata size and type in the desired value in gigabytes.
- While you could grant it as much storage as you want [the more the better], however, some Android device limits the storage to 40% of the total storage value.
- Once that is done [Image Size should be left untouched], hit Install > Proceed.
- You will now get a prompt, tap Allow one-time access and hit Try Again. The flashing will now start and it could take a few minutes.
- Once done, just restart your device. Your device will now reboot to the newly installed GSI. Set it up as per your convenience and install the apps of your choice.
- Once you are done using the GSI ROM, just do a restart and you will be back to the stock ROM. To go back to the GSI ROM once again, simply do another restart!
- All the files, apps, and data stored in the GSI data partition could only be accessed when you are booted to the GSI ROM. It could not be accessed from the stock ROM [and vice versa].
That’s it. These were the steps to install the LineageOS ROM on your Xiaomi 13 Pro device. If you have any queries concerning the aforementioned steps, do let us know in the comments. We will get back to you with a solution at the earliest.
- How to Install Xiaomi EU ROM on Xiaomi 13 Pro
- Unbrick Xiaomi 13 Pro via Fastboot Commands
- How to Root Xiaomi 13 Pro via Magisk Patched init_boot
- How to Install MIUI Customizer Mod CustoMIUIzer on any Xiaomi