In this guide, we will show you the steps to install the Google Mobile Service, popularly known as Google GMS, on your Huawei device. Due to the political and legal and trade-related issues between the two counties that shall not be named, it is the users who proved to be the ultimate sufferers. They had to bid adieu to the entire Google ecosystem, which includes all the Google Apps, Services, and Frameworks. And it goes without saying that an Android-based device without the Google Apps might only be sufficient to act as a paperweight at the very most.
Well, this is where the OS’s open-source nature comes into the picture. using a handy tweak, you could easily welcome abode the Google Mobile Service onto your device. Once that happens, you will be able to get your hands on the preferred apps directly via the Play Store, stream videos on YouTube, or check out the emails via Gmail- all from your Huawei device itself. So without any further ado, let’s get started with the steps to install Google GMS on your Huawei device. Follow along.
How to Install Google GMS on any Huawei Device
Please verify the legality of this process in your region beforehand and only try this if you are allowed to. Droidwin and its members wouldn’t be held responsible in case of a thermonuclear war, your alarm doesn’t wake you up, the legal team comes knocking at your door in the middle of the night, or if anything happens to your device and data by performing the below steps.
STEP 1: Which Huawei Downgrade Firmware should I download?
- Huawei P40 Pro users should downgrade to firmware 131
- Huawei P40 Pro+ users should downgrade to firmware 132, for region Russia it should be 142
- Next up, Huawei P40 Lite users should downgrade to firmware 226
- And the Huawei Mate 30 Pro users should downgrade to firmware 136
STEP 2: Download Huawei Downgrade Firmware
- To begin with, download the Hi Suite version 11 onto your PC. Then extract it and launch the EXE file to launch it.
- Now go to the Settings menu on your device, search for HDB, and enable the toggle next to Allow All Connections via HDB.
- Then type in the verification code that is displayed on your device over to the Tool on your PC.
- Now download HiSuite Proxy [GitHub page] and extract it to your PC. Then double-click on the HiSuite Proxy EXE file to open it.
- You will see some values entered in the Base PKG, Cust PKG, and Preload PKG, under both the Package URL and Package Name sections, delete all of them, so that it looks like the below screenshot.
- After that, head over to the firmfinder.ml website.
- Now go to your phone dialer and type: *#*#2846579#*#*
- Select Viewer Information > Version Info.
- Scroll to the bottom and check out the Preload Software version. Copy the first six digits (in my case it is els-n29).
- Write this value in the Phone Model section of the site.
- Then check out the Custom Software version value in bracket (mine is C432) and type this in the Region field.
- After that, type in 10 in the Target version section of the site (as we are downloading EMUI 10).
- Select the Downgrade ROM corresponding to your downgrade version listed above. Since mine is 131, I will be downloading 10.1.0.131. So select the ROM file and click on ADD ROM.
- That ROM will be added to the tool under the Base PKG section of the tool and its info will be filled under the Package Name field.
- Then select the Cust ROM (the Custom Software Version value, which was C432 for me, see point 11) and click ADD ROM.
- It will be added to the Cust PKG section of the Tool and its info will be filled under the Package Name field.
- Now go to your device and check out the Preload Software Version value in the bracket. For me, it is C432R5.
- Go to the site and click Add ROM next to that Preload version.
- It will be added to the tool’s Preload PKG section and info will be added to the tool’s Package Name section.
- Now checkmark Roll-Back OS under the OS Type section of the Tool. Then click on the Setup button under Configuration.
- It will carry out the necessary tasks and install the modified version of the Hi Suite 11 app on your PC (the one with the red icon).
- Once that is done, you may move over to the next section to downgrade your device and subsequently install the Google GMS on your Huawei device.
STEP 2: Downgrade Huawei to EMUI 10
- To begin with, enable USB Debugging on your device: Go to Settings > About Phone > Tap on Build Number 7 times> Then go back to Settings > System Updates > Developer Options > Enable USB Debugging.
- Now open the Hi Suite 11 app on your PC. Your device will now be recognized by the tool. Enter the verification code to proceed ahead.
- After that, click Update situated at the bottom right. It will check for updates and tell you that you are on the latest build. Click on the Switch to Older Version.
- Then click on Restore > Rollback > Agree.
- The downgrade will now begin and once done, you will be notified of the same.
- Once the downgrade is complete, let’s start off with the process to install the Google GMS on your Huawei device.
STEP 3: Install Google GMS on Huawei
- Download and extract GSM File Package. You will get an Apps and a Backup Folder.
- Transfer the Backup folder to Internal Storage > Huawei directory.
- Then go to Settings Apps > Show System Processes > Backup > Uninstall
- Now install the Backup APK from the GMS package.
After that, go to Settings > System Updates > Date & Time > Disable Set Automatically > Seta date to 2019.
- Then go to Settings > System Updates > Backup & Restore > Data Backup.The backup wizard will now open, tap on Next > Agree.
- After that, tap on the overflow icon situated at the top right and select Restore from Internal Storage > Select the backup file > hit Restore. If it asks for the password, type systemhacks13.
- Once the restore is complete, you will see a new Google Play Service app. Open it and it will ask to Activate the Device Administrator, agree, and grant it the permission.
- Then tap on the Blue confirm button situated at the bottom.
- Once done, go to Settings > System Updates > Date & Time > Enable Set Automatically.
- After that, go to the GMS package and install the MicroG-Huawei Fix APK.
- Then open it, go to Account > Sign in > Type in your Google account credentials. You might have to do this process a couple of times.
- Now open GMS Package and install Play Store APK. After that, install the Policy_sidecar.apk.
- Then install Contacts Sync, followed by GAM login (Google Account Manager) and then the Google Service Framework APK.
- Once that is done, uninstall the MicroG app from your device.
- Then go to Settings > User & Account > Google > Select your Account and enable the Sync toggle. You might have to hit the Sync All button a couple of times for the sync to start.
- Now go to the GMS package and install GSP 1 APK (Google Play Service).
- After that, launch Play Store and hit the Retry button a few times until it is loaded.
- Then go to Settings > Apps > Show System Processes > Google Account Manager > Force Stop > Storage > Clear Data.
- Then select Google Play Store > Force Stop > Storage > Clear Data
- After that, select Google Services Framework > Force Stop > Storage > Clear Data
- Once done. restart your device.
- Then go to GMS Package and install the GPS 2 APK (Google Play Service).
- Next up, go to Settings > Apps > Show System Processes > Google Account Manager > Force Stop > Storage > Clear Data.
- Then select Google Play Store > Force Stop > Storage > Clear Data.
- After that, select Google Services Framework > Force Stop > Storage > Clear Data.
- Now restart your device.
- Then go to Settings > Apps > Show System Processes > Google Play Service > Manage Storage > Clear All Data > OK.
- Now install GPS 2 APK (Google Play Service) from the GMS package folder.
- After that, go to Settings > Apps > Show System Processes > Google Play Store > Force Stop > Storage > Clear Data. [Do this for 3-4 times].
- Then restart your device.
- Finally, launch Play Store and you could now download and install the desired apps!
- NOTE: If you are still unable to access Play Store correctly, then Force Stop and Clear Data of Play Store a few more times, then restart your device and you may now be able to access the Play Store.
That’s it. These were the steps to install Google GMS on your Huawei device. If you have any queries concerning the aforementioned steps, do let us know in the comments. We will get back to you with a solution at the earliest. Likewise, if you want the screenshot of any step, then do let me know in the comments section, I’ll add it here.
- Fix Huawei: This Device Isn’t Play Protect Certified Error
- How to Fix Notifications Issues on GMS Huawei
- Remove/Uninstall Bloatware Apps from Android via ADB
- How to Pass SafetyNet on Rooted Android