In this guide, we will show you the detailed steps to install the Android 12 ROM onto your Realme X2 Pro device. This offering from Realme did manage to catch the attention of the masses. And even to this date, the hype surrounding it hasn’t settled down. When you are getting a power-packed device at a price that doesn’t burn a hole in your pockets, well, there’s not much left to ask. Moreover, not only is it a popular name among general users, but it has raised the bar in custom development.
Be it for flashing custom ROMs or installing a custom recovery, there’s a lot to try out. Along the same lines, you could also gain administrative privileges by rooting your device via Magisk. However, this device has reached the end of the OS upgrade cycle and there’s no plan as such from the company to roll out the Realme UI 3.0 (Android 12) update for this device. But you could still welcome the latest OS build onto your Realme X2 Pro device by flashing the Android 12 Custom ROM. And this guide will show you how to do just that. Follow along.
Table of Contents
What’s New in Android 12?
Just to recap, the Silicon Valley giants have introduced a plethora of new and interesting features in the twelfth iteration of the OS. These include the massive UI revamp thanks to the Material You design. Likewise, there’s a Wallpaper-based UX Theming that will pick up the major color from the wallpaper and theme it across various device components (such as the Notifications panel and Settings menu). Then there is an addition of the Privacy Dashboard as well.
This will tell you the date and time when an app asked for the location, camera, and microphone permissions. Moreover, there are some new accessibility features as well. These include the likes of Camera Switch that allows you to take full control of your device via your facial gestures. And you could now welcome all these features onto your device. Given here are the detailed instructions to install Android 12 ROM on Realme X2 Pro.
How to Install Android 12 ROM on Realme X2 Pro
The below instructions are listed under separate sections for ease of understanding. Make sure to follow in the exact same sequence as mentioned. Droidwin and its members wouldn’t be held responsible in case of a thermonuclear war, your alarm doesn’t wake you up, or if anything happens to your device and data by performing the below steps.
STEP 1: Install Android SDK
First and foremost, you will have to install the Android SDK Platform Tools on your PC. This is the official ADB and Fastboot binary provided by Google and is the only recommended one. So download it and then extract it to any convenient location on your PC. Doing so will give you the platform-tools folder, which will be used throughout this guide.
STEP 2: Enable USB Debugging and OEM Unlocking
Next up, you will also have to enable USB Debugging and OEM Unlocking on your device. The former will make your device recognizable by the PC in ADB mode. This will then allow you to boot your device to Fastboot Mode. On the other hand, OEM Unlocking is required to carry out the bootloader unlocking process.
So head over to Settings > About Phone > Tap on Build Number 7 times > Go back to Settings > System > Advanced > Developer Options > Enable USB Debugging and OEM Unlocking.
STEP 3: Unlock Bootloader on Realme X2 Pro
Next up, you will also have to unlock the device’s bootloader. Do keep in mind that doing so will wipe off all the data from your device and could nullify its warranty as well. So if that’s all well and good, then please refer to our detailed guide on A Universal Guide to Unlock Bootloader on any Realme Device.
STEP 4: Download Android 12 ROM for Realme X2 Pro
First off, let’s make you aware of the ROM features and the underlying bugs. This will then help you in deciding where you wish to install it onto your device or not.
- Smart Charging. check Settings -> Realme Settings
- DC dimming (flicker free feature). check Settings -> Realme Settings
- sRGB mode. check Settings -> Realme Settings
- Game mode (touch boost & performance mode). check Settings -> Realme Settings
- Buttons/toggle for display hz (forced, 6hz & 90hz). check Settings -> Realme Settings
- Screen off gestures. check Settings -> system -> touchscreen gestures
- Ambient gestures (AOD, Pickup, handwave & pocket). check Settings -> Display -> Lockscreen display -> Ambient display
- Face unlock
- Fingerprint scanner
- RIL (VoLTE calls, SMS, Data)
- Video Playback
- Disabled Encryption (For a while until we get a newer recovery)
- Some of the Realme settings features (will be fixed sooner or later)
- Maybe something else can be found as well
- Most of the lineage features may be buggy or probably won’t work, LineageOS team is working on it
- SELinux is permissive
Download Android 12 ROM
- Name: LineageOS 19
- GApps: NikGApps | FlameGApps
- Download ROM: Link
- Credits: XDA Senior Member karthick-chandran
- Device: Realme X2 Pro (RMX1931)
- Download: OrangeFoxRecovery
STEP 5: Install TWRP on Realme X2 Pro
- To begin with, transfer the recovery file to the platform-tools folder on your PC. On the other hand, transfer the ROM ZIP file to your device. Likewise, transfer the GApps ZIP file to your device as well.
- Then rename the recovery to of (short form of OrangeFox), so that the complete name becomes of.img
- Now connect your device to the PC via USB cable. Make sure USB Debugging is enabled.
- Then head over to the platform-tools folder, type in CMD in the address bar, and hit Enter. This will launch the Command Prompt.
- Type in the following command in the CMD window to boot your device to Fastboot Mode
adb reboot bootloader
- After that, execute the below command to boot your device to OrangeFox:
fastboot boot of.img
STEP 6: Install Android 12 ROM on Realme X2 Pro
- First off, go to the Wipe section of the recovery and select Format Data.
- Then type in YES in the space provided and hit Enter to confirm it.
- Once done, go to Advanced Wipe and select the Cache and Dalvik Cache partitions.
- Then perform a right swipe to wipe the selected partitions.
- Once done, go to Install, select the ROM ZIP file and perform a right swipe to flash it.
- After that, go to Install, select the GApps ZIP file and perform a right swipe to flash it.
- That’s it. You may now reboot the device to the newly installed OS via Reboot > System.
So these were the steps to install the Android 12 ROM onto your Realme X2 Pro device. If you have any queries concerning the aforementioned steps, do let us know in the comments. We will get back to you with a solution at the earliest.