In this guide, we will show you the steps to flash the Project 404 ROM on your Poco F4. The Poco lineup has always been among the most active players in custom development. And the fourth iteration in this lineup has further cemented this statement: after all, having support for 15+ custom ROMs speaks volumes in itself.
While we were busy counting the number of custom ROMs, a new one had already made its way. A relatively newer player in the market, Project 404 ROM has just made its way over to Poco F4. Based on AOSP, it offers a clean stock OS experience with just the right amount of features, including a few Pixel goodies as well. So without any further delay, let’s make you acquainted with the steps to install the Project 404 ROM on your Poco F4.
How to Install Project 404 ROM on Poco F4
The below instructions are listed under separate sections for ease of understanding. Make sure to follow in the exact same sequence as mentioned. Droidwin and its members wouldn’t be held responsible in case of a thermonuclear war, your alarm doesn’t wake you up, or if anything happens to your device and data by performing the below steps.
STEP 1: Install Android SDK
First and foremost, you will have to install the Android SDK Platform Tools on your PC. This is the official ADB and Fastboot binary provided by Google and is the only recommended one. So download it and then extract it to any convenient location on your PC. Doing so will give you the platform tools folder, which will be used throughout this guide to install Project 404 on Poco F4.
STEP 2: Enable USB Debugging and OEM Unlocking
Next up, you will also have to enable USB Debugging and OEM Unlocking on your device. The former will make your device recognizable by the PC in ADB mode. This will then allow you to boot your device to Fastboot Mode. On the other hand, OEM Unlocking is required to carry out the bootloader unlocking.
So head over to Settings > About Phone > Tap on Build Number 7 times > Go back to Settings > System > Advanced > Developer Options > Enable USB Debugging and OEM Unlocking.
STEP 3: Unlock Bootloader on Poco F4
Next up, you will also have to unlock the device’s bootloader. Do keep in mind that doing so will wipe off all the data from your device and could nullify its warranty as well. So if that’s all well and good, then please refer to our detailed guide on How to Unlock Bootloader on any Xiaomi Device.
STEP 4: Download Project 404 for Poco F4
- You may now grab hold of the ROM, Recovery, and Firmware for your device from the below links.
Project 404 for Poco F4: DOWNLOAD LINK PitchBlack Recovery for Project 404: DOWNLOAD LINK Global Firmware for Poco F4: DOWNLOAD LINK
- Transfer the ROM and Firmware to your device whereas send the recovery file to the platform-tools folder.
STEP 5: Install PitchBlack Recovery on Poco F4
You will now have to install the PitchBlack recovery onto your Poco F4 to flash Project 404. So please refer to our guide on How to Install Pitch Black Recovery Project on Poco F4.
STEP 6: Boot to PitchBlack Recovery
- Now connect your device to the PC via a USB cable. Make sure USB Debugging is enabled.
- Then head over to the platform-tools folder, type in CMD in the address bar, and hit Enter. This will launch the Command Prompt.
- Type in the following command in the CMD window to boot your device to TWRP Recovery
adb reboot recovery
STEP 7: Install Project 404 on Poco F4
- From PitchBlack Recovery, go to Install, select the firmware ZIP file and perform a right swipe to flash it.
- Once done, again go to Install, select the ROM ZIP file and perform a right swipe to flash it.
- Now go to Wipe > Format Data > type YES in the space provided and then hit the checkmark.
- Once done, go to Reboot and select System. Your device will now reboot to the newly installed OS.
That’s it. These were the steps to install Project 404 on your Poco F4. If you have any queries concerning the aforementioned steps, do let us know in the comments. We will get back to you with a solution at the earliest.
- Install Pixel Experience ROM Android 13 on Poco F4[Video]
- Guide to Install crDroid ROM on Poco F4
- How to Install SparkOS Custom ROM on Poco F4
- How to Install Pitch Black Recovery Project on Poco F4