In this guide, we will show you the steps to enable the SIM Lock on your Android device. While the obvious usages of SIM cards of letting us place and receive calls and messages are still there, in recent years, their importance has further increased thanks to the numerous banking transactions, payment OTPs, and other curricula details that we have signed up to receive via SMS.
So it might really spell out a troublesome experience in case your device gets lost or stolen. While the hacker wouldn’t be able to gain access to your device since a PIN/password would already be in place, however, there might be no such protection on the SIM card. So they just need to remove the SIM from your device and place it into their phone.
Once they do so, they could then easily get hold of all your contacts and carry out tasks of malicious intent using those contact details. So to prevent that from happening, your best bet is to enable SIM Lock on your Android device. And in this guide, we will show you how to do just that. Follow along.
How to Enable SIM Lock on Android
Before starting, you need to get hold of your current SIM PIN, which could be accessed from the SIM card packaging. However, if you don’t have one, then please contact your carrier operator and get hold of that number. NOTE: If you Incorrectly enter your SIM PIN 3 times, then you’ll be locked out of your SIM. In that case, your only way out is to either get the Personal Unlock Key (PUK) from the SIM card packaging or contact the carrier operator.
- Head over to Settings > Biometrics and Security > Other security settings
- Then go to Set up SIM card lock and enable the toggle next to Lock SIM Card.
- Now type in your current SIM card PIN and hit OK.
- Then tap on Change SIM PIN, type in a new PIN, and save the changes.
- Now, if you put your SIM in any other phone, then you could only access it via its PIN.
That’s it. These were the steps to enable the SIM Lock on your Android device. If you have any queries concerning the aforementioned steps, do let us know in the comments. We will get back to you with a solution at the earliest.
- How to Enable eSIM in Xiaomi Chinese ROMs
- How to SIM Unlock Pixel 6 Pro
- Pixel eSIM Activation Error: Couldn’t Activate Service [Fix]
- How to Enable Extra Features in Samsung SIM Card Manager