In this guide, we will show you the steps to enable 5G in an unsupported country on your Android device. The fight generation of mobile networks has been quite a lot in the news lately. While it has already been close to three years since it first made its way, there are many regions where it is yet to be activated. And the regions where it is up and running have been getting mixed responses from the users. From unstable networks to device heating and battery drainage, there have been quite a few roadblocks.
On the positive side though, you will be getting quite an impressive speed, with 400-500 Mbps being the usual norm. So one might be able to accept the caveats if the return is worthwhile. While many users do echo this same thought process, but they aren’t able to make full use of this feature. This is because the fifth iteration of the broadband cellular network has been blocked in many regions. If you belong to any of those regions as well, then fret not. In this guide, we will show you the steps to enable 5G in an unsupported country on your Android device. Follow along.
How to Enable 5G in Android in an Unsupported Country
First and foremost, your device needs to be rooted. If that is not the case, then please refer to our linked guides to do the same- How to Root Android 12 via Magisk patched boot.img OR How to Root Android 13 via Magisk Patched Boot. Once that is done, you may then start off with the below steps. Droidwin and its members wouldn’t be held responsible in case of a thermonuclear war, your alarm doesn’t wake you up, or if anything happens to your device and data by performing the below steps.
- To begin with, download the 5G Magisk Module [Credits: XDA Senior Member meroine95].
- Then launch Magisk, go to the Modules section, and tap on Install from Storage.
- After that, navigate to the downloaded module and select it. It will now be flashed to your device.
- Once done, hit Reboot. Now, go to Play Store and install the Network Signal Guru app.
- Now launch the app and it will ask for root permission. Tap on Grant.
- Then tap on the overflow icon situated at the top right and choose Forcing Control > select your SIM card.
- Click on NR SETTING and select Opt2(0x10) and Opt3(0x01) on the ENDC menu.
- Now restart your phone, bring up the dialer, and type in the below code-
- Then select Phone Information and tap on Set Preferred Network Type.
- Make sure to set it to NR/LTE/GSM/WCDMA [if it hasn’t been done already].
That’s it. These were the steps to enable 5G in an unsupported country on your Android device. If you have any queries concerning the aforementioned steps, do let us know in the comments. We will get back to you with a solution at the earliest.