In this guide, we will show you the steps to disable the new clipboard dialog box on your Android device. With the release of the thirteenth iteration of the OS, the Silicon Valley giant rolled out a slew of intriguing goodies, one among which is the introduction of the clipboard. As strange as it may sound, up until that point, Android didn’t have its own clipboard, you always had to depend on keyboard apps, such as Gboard.
Fortunately, all that has now changed, and for me, it has perhaps been one of the most useful features to date. However, not everyone seems to echo the same sentiments. Some users were already used to the Clipper app and for them, this functionality is no longer required. Another subset of users have also reported that this feature is not working along the expected lines.
For them, as soon as they restart their device. the clipboard dialog tends to re-appear at the bottom left, which could prove to be a major privacy risk. If you are also facing any of these issues [or any other ones not listed here], then your best bet could be to disable the new clipboard dialog box from your Android device. And in this guide, we will show you how to do just that. Follow along.
How to Disable the new Clipboard dialog box on Android
- First off, download and extract Android SDK Platform Tools on your PC.
- Then enable USB Debugging and connect your device to PC via USB cable.
- Now type in CMD in the address bar of platform tools and hit Enter.
- This will open Command Prompt. Now type in the below command:
- You’ll get a prompt on your device, tap Allow/OK.
- Finally, type in the below command and then restart your device:
device_config put systemui clipboard_overlay_enabled "false"
That’s it. This will disable the new clipboard dialog box on your Android device. If you have any queries concerning the aforementioned steps, do let us know in the comments. We will get back to you with a solution at the earliest.
- How to Fix Screenshot Disabled by your Admin
- Trello Cannot Paste Screenshots from Clipboard: How to Fix
- How to Take Screenshots on Android TV using Android Phone!
- Screenshot Editor/Markup not working on Pixel 7 Pro [Fixed]