In this guide, we will show you the steps to change the wireless charging sound on your Android device. Wireless charging was once considered a luxury and only the high-end flagships boasted of this feature. However, over the due course of time, even the mid-rangers like Pixel 7 and Nothing Phone 2 now behold this functionality.
However, I have come across a few Android devices that haven’t incorporated any option as such to change the default wireless charging sound. While there is an option for the wired, but they have simply ignored wireless. If you are also in the same boat, then fret not as you could easily get this job done via a hidden ADB trick. And in this guide, we will show you how to do just that. Follow along.
How to Change Wireless Charging Sound on Android
- To begin with, download and extract Android SDK Platform Tools on your PC.
- Then enable USB Debugging on your device and connect it to PC via USB cable.
- Now type in CMD in the platform-tools folder address bar and hit Enter.
- Then type in the following commands in the CMD window [replace sound_name accordingly]
settings put global wireless_charging_started_sound "/storage/emulated/0/Notifications/sound_name.mp3" settings put global charging_started_sound "/storage/emulated/0/Notifications/sound_name.mp3"
- NOTE: On some devices, the default location of notification sound might be different. If that is the case with your device as well, then make sure to replace Notifications with your device’s location [leave the prefix /storage/emulated/0/ as it is].
These were the steps to change the wireless charging sound on your Android device. If you have any queries concerning the aforementioned steps, do let us know in the comments. We will get back to you with a solution at the earliest.
- Wireless Charging not working in Pixel 7/Pro: How to Fix
- Wireless Charging not working in Pixel after Android 13 [Fixed]
- Fast Charging not working on Android: How to Fix
- Pixel Battery Charging Issue on Android 14: How to Fix