In this guide, we will show you the steps to change the firmware region on your Realme GT Neo 2 device. This offering from Realme beholds quite an impressive feature set. The likes of a massive 6.6-inch display with a 120hz refresh rate, Snapdragon 870 chipset, 65W fast charging, and up to 12GB RAM are some of its noteworthy features. Along with that, there’s something in store for the tech enthusiast as well. A slew of mods and tweaks are lined up for this device which you could welcome right away.
Along with that, you also have the option to flash custom ROMs, install a custom recovery like TWRP. Likewise, you could also gain administrative privileges by rooting your device via Magisk. Well, there’s even the possibility to change the firmware region on your Realme GT Neo 2. So if the current OS region is bloated or isn’t performing along the expected lines, then you have the option to change the region to the one of your choice. And in this guide, we will show you how to do just that. Follow along.
How to Change Firmware Region of Realme GT Neo 2
The below process will wipe off all the data from your device, so take a complete device backup beforehand. Droidwin and its members wouldn’t be held responsible in case of a thermonuclear war, your alarm doesn’t wake you up, or if anything happens to your device and data by performing the below steps.
STEP 1: Unlock Bootloader on Realme GT Neo 2
First and foremost, you will have to unlock the bootloader on your device. Do note that doing so will wipe off all the data from your device and it might nullify its warranty as well. The good thing is that you could easily relock the bootloader once you have changed the region. and continue to receive OTAs (of the new region). So on that note, check out our guide on How to Unlock Bootloader on Realme GT Neo 2.
STEP 2: Install Python
Next up, you will have to install Python on your PC. So download it from its official site and proceed with the on-screen instructions to install it. Make sure to checkmark “Add Python to Path” during the initial setup screen.
STEP 3: Download OppoRealme-OFP-Flash Tool
- Next up, get hold of the OppoRealme-OFP-Flash Tool from GitHub.
- This tool will be used to flash the ‘new’ region’s firmware file onto your Realme GT Neo 2.
- Once downloaded, extract it to any convenient location on your PC.
- After that, head over to that folder’s address bar, type in CMD, and hit Enter.
- This will launch Command Prompt. So execute the below command to install the Python dependencies:
pip3 install -r requirements.txt
- If you get a warning as shown in the image, it is completely normal and nothing to worry about.
STEP 4: Download Region Specific Firmware for Realme GT Neo 2
Now download the firmware corresponding to the region to which you want to change to. For example, if you wish to switch to the Europe region then get the European Firmware build. Moreover, once you have downloaded the firmware, extract it inside the OppoRealme-OFP-Flash Tool folder. [Firmware Credits: XDA Senior Member srcda].
RUI 2.0 Android 11 A.07: Download
Russia, Middle East, Africa, Latin America, and other regions
STEP 5: Boot Realme GT Neo 2 to Fastboot Mode
You will now have to boot your device to Fastboot Mode so that the tool is able to identify the connected device and hence flash the firmware. Proceed with the below instructions to do so:
- Enable USB Debugging on your device and connect it to the PC via USB cable.
- Then download and extract Android SDK Platform Tools on your PC.
- After that, go to that folder’s address bar, type in CMD, and hit Enter.
- It will launch Command Prompt. Type in the below command to boot your device to Fastboot Mode.
adb reboot bootloader
STEP 6: Flash New Region Firmware on Realme GT Neo 2
- Head over to the folder where you have extracted the tool (the OFP firmware should also be present there).
- Then double click on the flash.py file. The tool will now open and would automatically fetch the OFP firmware.
- If you have more than one firmware file present there, then the tool will ask which firmware to select. So reply accordingly.
- It will now ask what all partitions you need to preserve, reply accordingly. If you don’t wish to preserve any partitions, type in 0.
- Now accept the disclaimer by typing in 1. The tool will now verify the bootloader unlock status and Fastboot mode.
- If it’s all well and good, then the tool will start flashing the new firmware file, which might take a few minutes.
- Once done, your device will reboot to the newly installed firmware. If it doesn’t happen, then you may manually reboot it as well.
STEP 7: Relock Bootloader (Optional)
Now that the firmware change is successful, you could easily relock the device’s bootloader. This will help you mitigate most of the issues that an unlocked bootloader brings in with itself. However, this is completely optional and you may continue to use your device on an unlocked bootloader as well. With that said, interested users could relock the bootloader using the below instructions (it will wipe off all the data from your device):
- To begin with, boot your device to Fastboot Mode.
- Then open CMD inside the platform-tools folder
- Now type in the below command to relock the bootloader
fastboot flashing lock
- Finally, reboot the device to the OS via the below command:
That’s it. These were the steps to change the firmware region on your Realme GT Neo 2 device. If you have any queries concerning the aforementioned steps, do let us know in the comments. We will get back to you with a solution at the earliest.
- How to Unlock Bootloader on Realme GT Neo 2
- How to Root Realme GT Neo 2 via Magisk
- Install TWRP Recovery on Realme GT NEO 2
- How to Flash Realme OFP Firmware via MSM Download Tool