In this guide, we will show you the steps to change the CSC Code on your Samsung Gear S3. The Country Specific Code beholds a slew of useful information for your Samsung device. These include the data related to settings, system configurations, localizations, and geo-specific. Apart from that, it is also linked with system language, APN settings, and carrier branding.
Moreover, each device comes with a unique CSC depending on the region to which they belong. So why is there a need to change this CSC? Well, Samsung places geo-restriction on some of the apps and services. In other words, if you belong to a certain country, then you wouldn’t be able to access certain specific features. In the latest iteration of the Galaxy watches, these restrictions are usually placed on BP and ECG functionality.
But when it comes to Gear S3, one of the most popular used cased scenarios is to change the CSC to one of the supported regions and install the Samsung Pay app onto your watch. Well, there could be a plethora of other reasons why you might need to carry out this task. So without further ado, let’s get started with the steps to change the CSC Code on your Samsung Gear S3.
How to Change CSC in Samsung Gear S3
Do note that the below process will factory reset your watch, so take a backup beforehand. Likewise, you should be on Tizen version 18.104.22.168 or below [22.214.171.124 isn’t supported]. Droidwin and its members wouldn’t be held responsible in case of a thermonuclear war, your alarm doesn’t wake you up, or if anything happens to your device and data by performing the below steps.
- Head over to Developer Options and enable ADB Debugging and Debug over WiFi.
- Then note down the IP address as well as the port number that is mentioned there.
- After that, download and extract SDB Platform Tools to a convenient location on your PC.
- Then go to SDB > data > tool’s folder address bar, type in CMD, and hit Enter. This will launch Command prompt.
- Now execute the below command to wirelessly connect your watch with your PC [replace IP accordingly].
sdb connect IP For example- sdb connect 192.168.1.4:5555
- Next, execute the below command to verify the connection [it should list out the IP address and watch model number].
- After that, type in the below command to open the shell environment
- You will get a Debugging prompt on your watch, tap OK. Finally, execute the below command
- It will now bring up the list of CSC codes on your watch, you may select the one of your choice.
That’s it. These were the steps to change the CSC code on Gear S3. If you have any queries concerning the aforementioned steps, do let us know in the comments. We will get back to you with a solution at the earliest.
- How to Flash WearOS 2 on Gear S3 using NetOdin]
- How to Change CSC in Samsung Galaxy Watch 4
- Install Google Pay in Galaxy Watch 4 in an Unsupported Country
- How to Disable/Enable System Apps in Galaxy Watch 4