In this guide, we will show you the steps to bring back the DM shortcut icon on a user profile on Twitter. There’s a lot going on in the microblogging service as of now. And unfortunately, it’s the end users who have to bear the brunt of this more often than not. With a plethora of UI tweaks and major overhauls happening every other day, users are left out in the wild without any clear-cut indication of these unwanted tweaks.
The latest such change is the fact that you could no longer send someone a direct message directly to their account. There used to exist a message icon to a profile using which you could directly interact with a user. However, that has now been removed, and taking the longer route of going to the DM section, searching for the desired user, and then sending them the message seems to be the only way.
Or is that the case? Well, there does exist a nifty workaround using which you could bring back the DM shortcut icon on a user profile on Twitter. And in this guide, we will show you how to do just that. So without further ado, let’s get started.
How to Bring Back the DM shortcut icon on User Profile on Twitter
In order to carry out this task, you will have to downgrade the app to an older version. when this change wasn’t introduced and then disable the auto-update section of Play Store. Here’s how it could be done:
- Head over to Settings > Apps > Show All Apps > Twitter.
- Then tap on Uninstall > OK in the confirmation prompt.
- Now go to APK Mirror and download an older version of Twitter [belonging to 2022].
- This is a split APK bundle, so install the APK Mirror Installer from Play Store as well.
- Now launch Twitter APK and select APK Mirror Installer as the installation medium. The older version of Twitter will now be installed.
- Once done, go to Play Store, search Twitter, tap on the overflow icon, and uncheck Enable Auto Update.
That’s it. These were the steps to bring back the DM shortcut icon on a user profile on Twitter. If you have any queries concerning the aforementioned steps, do let us know in the comments. We will get back to you with a solution at the earliest.
- Twitter blank screen and unresponsive buttons in Pixel Android 13 [Fixed]
- Like Tweet button missing from Twitter iOS App: How to Fix
- Twitter Enter a Valid Phone Number/Unsupported Number Bug [Fix]
- Twitter Two Factor Authentication not working [Fix]