In this guide, we will show you various methods to fix the issue of Google Docs and Sheets not working in Brave Browser on macOS. While Google Chrome is still reigning supreme in the browser domain, however, there is a slew of other noteworthy Chromium-based browsers that have made a name for themselves. Among them, it’s the Brave browser that has stood out from among the crowds, thanks to the introduction of BAT crypto currency rewards.
However, as of now, one of its components seems to be conflicting with the proper functioning of the browser. many users who use the MetaMask extension to store transfer crypto coins via the Ethereum network are having a tough time accessing the Google office suite sites.
In this regard, many Brave browser users on macOS have voiced their concern that the Google Docs and Sheets are not working/loading. Whenever they are trying to open any of these sites, they are instead being greeted with the “Home screen is temporarily unavailable” error. If you are also in the same boat, then this guide shall help you out. Follow along for the fixes.
Fix Google Docs and Sheets not working in Brave Browser on macOS
It is recommended that you try out each of the below-mentioned workarounds and then see which one spells out success for you. So with that in mind, let’s get started.
Disable Meta Mask
- Launch Brave and head over to its Settings page.
- Then go to Wallet > Default cryptocurrency wallet.
- After that, select None from the list and hit OK.
- Check if it fixes Google Docs and Sheets not working in Brave Browser on macOS.
Change Brave Wallet Default Setting
- To begin with, install and set up MetaMask on your browser.
- Then set up Brave Wallet and set the default wallet setting to “Prefer extensions”.
- You may now access the Google office suite sites without any issues.
These were the two different methods that shall help you fix the issue of Google Docs and Sheets not working in Brave Browser on macOS. As far as the official stance on this matter is concerned, the developers are aware of this issue, but they haven’t given out any ETA for the rollout of a fix. As and when that happens, we will update this guide accordingly. In the meantime, the aforementioned workarounds are your best bet.
- Brave Browser URL/Address Bar Disappears in New Tab [Fix]
- Google Sheets Set Custom Page Break not working: How to Fix
- Fix Google Docs “Your Access Has Expired” Error [6 Methods]
- Fix Google Docs Default Templates Missing