In this guide, we will show you the steps to fix the issue of Galaxy Note 10/10+ crashing after pressing the Home or back button on One UI 4.0 Android 12. The fourth iteration of the One UI has bought in quite a few noteworthy tweaks. Right out of the box, you get the new Material You Theming design, which when coupled with the personalized widget recommendations (with rounded corners), and the new Camera app UI, will give you a completely redesigned user interface.
In this regard, the Note 10 series has already been blessed with this latest OS build. However, things aren’t seem to be working well and are good for both these devices. Right after it got the OneUI 4.0 update, users were having a tough time with the S Pen, as it was getting randomly disconnected. To add to their misery, they are now even having a tough time navigating their device.
Various users have voiced their concern that their device is crashing and freezing as soon as hit the home or back button. The issue has only started happening right after they installed the twelfth iteration of the OS and has made their device literally unusable. However, there now exist a workaround that has been known to fix the issue of Galaxy Note 10/10+ crashing after pressing the Home or back button on One UI 4.0 Android 12. So without further ado, let’s check it out.
How to Fix Galaxy Note 10/+ crashing after pressing Home Button on One UI 4 Android 12
The culprit behind this issue is one of the carrier-related bloatware apps (yes, they are at it again). The name of the app is Mobile Services Manager and it seems to be hijacking Samsung’s default Home Apps section. When users went to that section, they found out that apart from One UI and Nova7, the Mobile Services Manager app was also present there.
Its presence literally made no sense whatsoever. Hence upon removing the said app from there, users noted that their Galaxy Note 10/10+ also stopped crashing upon interacting with the Home button in One UI 4.0 Android 12. So on that note, let’s put this fix to the test right away and check out the results.
- To begin with, head over to Settings > Apps > Choose Default Apps.
- Then set One UI or Nova7 as the default home app (if that is not already the case).
- After that, again go back to Settings > Apps page.
- Now select Mobile Services Manager from the list and hit the Force Stop button.
- Then go to its Storage section and tap on the Clear Data button.
- Once its data has been deleted, go to Settings > Apps page.
- Now select the Mobile Services Manager app and remove its permission to access the Phone.
- Finally, reboot your device for the changes to take place. That’s it.
This should fix the issue of Galaxy Note 10/10+ crashing after pressing the Home or Back button on One UI 4.0 Android 12. So on that note, we round off this guide. If you have any queries concerning the aforementioned steps, do let us know in the comments. We will get back to you with a solution at the earliest.
- Downgrade Samsung One UI 4.0 to One UI 3.1 (Android 12 to 11) via Odin
- How to Root Samsung One UI 4.0 Android 12 via Magisk
- Enable 120Hz Refresh Rate in Power Saving Mode in Samsung One UI 4
- Extra Dim Missing in Samsung One UI 4.0 Android 12: Bring it Back!