In this guide, we will show you two different methods to fix the issue of SP Flash Tool MTK S_BROM_DOWNLOAD_DA_FAIL (ERROR 2004). MediaTek devices are slowly but surely reaching new heights. With more devices opting for this chipset as opposed to Qualcomm in recent years, the road ahead looks well and good. In custom development as well, MTK devices have managed to gain a stronghold.
A plethora of tweaks and custom binaries are all waiting for a permanent abode on your devices. However, each of these modifications does bring in a few risks as well. If you flash the incorrect file or flash the correct file to the incorrect partition, then you are inviting risks. And in those cases, a bricked or boot loop is usually on the cards. Fortunately, there’s a handy way out.
You could easily bring back your device to life by flashing the stock firmware via the SP Flash Tool. But what if the tool is itself getting bugged with issues? Well, that is very much a possibility. In this regard, the SP Flash Tool MTK S_BROM_DOWNLOAD_DA_FAIL (ERROR 2004) seems to be the most common one and hence this guide will show you how to fix it once and for all. So without further ado, let’s get started.
How to Fix SP Flash Tool MTK S_BROM_DOWNLOAD_DA_FAIL (ERROR 2004)
There are two different methods to fix this issue, and in this guide, we will make you aware of both of them. But before that, make sure to checkmark all the requirements given in the below section (it’s common for both methods).
- To begin with, download and install the SP Flash Tool onto your PC.
- After that, download the stock firmware for your MediaTek device and extract it to any convenient location on your PC.
- You will also have to download and install the Mediatek Preloader drivers so that your device is recognizable by your PC.
Method 1: Fix MTK S_BROM_DOWNLOAD_DA_FAIL via Flash Firmware Tweak
- Launch the SP Flash Tool as an administrator (right-click on the EXE file > Run as > Administrator).
- Click on the Choose button next to the Scatter Loading File section, browse to the extracted firmware and select the Android Scatter text file.
- Then make sure that the mode is set to Download Only. After that, hit the Download button.
- Now plug in one end of the USB cable to your device, but don’t plug in the other end to your PC.
- Press and hold the Volume Up and Volume Down button together and now connect the other end of the USB cable to your PC.
- The flashing process will now begin, but you shouldn’t leave the pressed keys. Keep both the volume keys pressed for around 2-3 minutes.
- Once the said time period has elapsed, you may let go of both the keys. The flashing process will continue and could take up to 10 minutes.
- Once flashing is complete, you shall be notified of the same. At that point, you may unplug the device from the PC.
- Then wait for a few seconds and power on your device, it shall boot to the OS without any issue.
So this was the first method to fix the issue of SP Flash Tool MTK S_BROM_DOWNLOAD_DA_FAIL (ERROR 2004). Let’s now turn our attention towards the next one.
- Download MediaTek MTK Scatter File | Android_Scatter.txt
- How to Root any MediaTek Device Using SP Flash Tool
- How to Unbrick any MediaTek Phone using SP Flash Tool
- Guide to Install TWRP on MediaTek using SP Flash Tool
- How to Download and Install MediaTek Fastboot Drivers
Method 2: Fix SP Flash Tool Error 2004 Via DA_SWSEC.bin file
- Launch SP Flash Tool and click on the Choose button next to Download-Agent.
- Now go to the SP Flash Tool folder and select the DA_SWSEC.bin file.
- After that, click on the Choose button next to Scatter Loading File.
- Navigate to the extracted firmware and select the Android Scatter text file.
- All the fields will now be populated, make sure to deselect the Preloader section and then hit the Download button.
- Now power off your device. Then press the Volume Down key and while doing so, connect your device to the PC via a USB Cable.
- The flashing process will now begin and could take up to 10 mins.
- Once done, you may unplug the device from your PC and boot it up.
That’s it. These were the two different methods to fix SP Flash Tool MTK S_BROM_DOWNLOAD_DA_FAIL (ERROR 2004). If you have any queries, do let us know in the comments section below. We will get back to you with a solution at the earliest.
2 thoughts on “How to Fix SP Flash Tool MTK S_BROM_DOWNLOAD_DA_FAIL (ERROR 2004)”
Do not be tired
I want to back up my phone with SP Flash tools software
But I get a 2004 error
In the past, he unlocked his phone and after this operation, the phone antenna was lost
I used ROM Build 108 to restore the phone’s serial number and the serial number was recovered, but unfortunately the phone still does not have an antenna.
Please guide me in both cases
Hi, Many thanks for your excellent explanation of How to Fix SP Flash Tool MTK S_BROM_DOWNLOAD_DA_FAIL (ERROR 2004). I have now successfully flashed my Lenovo TB3-710F but now face another problem. After (and before) the flash my tablet only boots into the Android System Recovery Screen. From here, any attempt to “Power Down” or “Reboot System Now” or Power Down using Power Button only returns you to the Recovery Screen. If I select “Wipe Data/Factory reset” it says Wiping Data then “mkdir fail File exists”. Please HELP….