In this guide. we will make you aware of various workarounds to fix the issue of slow and inconsistent WiFi speed on iPhone 12 Pro Max. The iOS ecosystem is no foreign to bugs and issues, although the frequency of such issues is relatively few and far in between. With that said, the tech giants have an impressive track record when it comes to identifying underlying bugs and then releasing the associated fix in the subsequent software update.
However, it seems to have completely forgotten its flagship device this time around. There have been numerous complaints lined up across the Apple Forums regarding the inconsistency in WiFi speed with this device. When users compared the network speed on their iPhone 12 Pro Max with other variants of iPhone or even an Android device on the same wireless network, the difference in speed was way too noticeable.
This issue first came to light last November, and even after the query receiving over a thousand upvotes, Apple seems to have turned a blind eye towards it. Countless patches have been released within these months, but the Silicon Valley giants have always maintained a safe distance from this issue in particular.
However, there do exist a few workarounds that have spelled out success for many users, when it comes to rectifying this issue. And this guide shall make you aware of just that. So without further ado, let’s check out the steps to fix the slow and inconsistent WiFi speed issues on iPhone 12 Pro Max. Follow along.
How to Fix Slow/Inconsistent WiFi speed issue on iPhone 12 Pro Max
There are three different workarounds that have given varying degrees of success to different users. Hence, it is recommended to try out each of these tweaks and see which one gives out the best result in your case.
Fix 1: Turn off Private Address
- Head over to the Settings page on your device and go to the WiFi section.
- Then tap on the information icon situated next to the wireless network to which you are currently connected.
- Finally, disable the toggle next to Private Address.
- Now check if it is able to fix the slow and inconsistent WiFi speed issues on iPhone 12 Pro Max.
Fix 2: Disable Wi-Fi Networking Services
- To begin with, go to the Settings menu on your device.
- Then head over to Privacy > Location Services.
- After that, go to System Services and disable the Wi-Fi Networking Services.
- Now verify if it is able to fix the slow and inconsistent WiFi speed issues on iPhone 12 Pro Max.
Fix 3: Toggle Low Data Mode
- Go to the Settings page on your device
- Then head over to the WiFi section
- Tap on the information icon next to your currently connected wireless network.
- Finally, turn on/off the Low Data Mode toggle
- Check if it rectifies the underlying WiFi issue or not.
With this, we round off the guide on how you could fix the slow and inconsistent WiFi speed issues on iPhone 12 Pro Max. We have shared three different workarounds for the same. Do let us know in the comments which one spelled out success for you. If you were able to fix this issue using any other tweak, you may share it with us via the comments section as well.
- Fix: Safari unable to remember last scroll position in iOS 15 Beta 4/5
- How to Fix Google Maps Saved/Starred Places Missing [iOS/Android]
- Fix Podcast App Issue After iOS 14.5+ Update
- Fix Siri Stopping and Cutting off Sentence in Middle after iOS 14.5.1 Update