In this guide, we will help you fix the issue of the Podcast App not working on iOS 14.5 and subsequent versions. Apps not working along the expected lines after an OS upgrade is nothing new. However, they are usually third-party apps and the developers are usually quick in fixing the underlying issues. But none of them seems to be the case with Apple’s Podcast app.
With each subsequent OS upgrade, the app seems to be bringing in new issues. It all started with the iOS 14.5 and since then, the graph (iOS version VS Podcast issues) has taken an upward trajectory. Let’s check out some of the most common issues that users are facing after the iOS 14.5 and 14.6 updates.
Podcast App Issue after iOS 14.5+ Update
- iPhone turning hot after using the Podcast app.
- Excessive Battery drain issues after using Podcast App on iOS 14.5.
- Podcasts not loading after iOS 14.6 update.
- Library only showing the recently updated shows in the Podcast App after iOS 14.5/14.6 update.
- Individual search shows all the episodes instead of the oldest ten.
- Doesn’t show the next podcast in the list to play.
- Automatic Downloads of shows and episodes in the Podcast App after iOS 14.5 update.
How to Fix Podcast App Issue after iOS 14.5+ Update
I have already covered a few of the issues in separate guides that needed special attention:
- Fix Cannot Delete Episodes on Apple Podcast App (iOS 14.5+)
- Fix All Old Episodes Automatically Downloaded on Apple Podcast App
- As far as the battery issues are concerned, Apple suggests running the Low Power Mode with the Podcasts app.
Apart from that, most of the underlying issues of the Podcast App not working on iOS 14.5/14.6 could easily be dealt with the below steps:
- To begin with, head over to your device’s Settings page.
- Within that, turn off the Podcast Sync toggle.
- Likewise, make sure you exit the Podcast app completely, it shouldn’t be running in the background.
- Next up, you will have to delete your shows from the Podcast. This might be a cause of concern for many users who have many shows saved, but as of now, this is the only way out.
- So go to Settings > General > iPhone Storage > Podcasts and delete all your shows.
- Once that is done, restart your device.
- Now launch the Podcast app and verify that all the settings for each show have been correctly set up.
- That’s it, you shouldn’t have any issues with the app now.
Some users were able to achieve success after deleting the Podcast app and then re-installing it. So if the aforementioned steps didn’t work out, then you may consider taking this route as well.
So these were some of the methods to fix the Podcast App not working issue on iOS 14.5/14.6 and subsequent updates. As far as iOS 14.7 update goes, things don’t look quite good. One user has confirmed that most of these issues are still persistent in the latest OS build as well.
With that said, we will continue to update this guide with more workarounds as and when we get hold of the same. Likewise, if you know of any tweak that worked out for you, do let us know in the comments section below.