In this guide, we will show you the steps to fix the Oculus Quest app sharing feature not working. When it comes to virtual reality headsets, then there isn’t an iota of doubt that the offering from Meta is the best in this domain. Then it recently launched its second iteration of this VR headset, which has pushed the yardstick even higher to attain for its competitors.
Running on an Android-based OS, it allows you easily try out your preferred virtual reality apps and games. Moreover, if you have two or more headsets, you could make use of its nifty App Sharing functionality and share your gaming experience across both these VRs (after giving the necessary permissions via your admin account). However, it is proving to be easier said than done.
Many users have voiced their concern that they are getting either of the two error messages when trying out this feature- “multiple devices can’t be on this app at the same time” OR “Already playing this game on a different headset”. If you are also in the same boat, then this guide will make you aware of a handy method to fix the Oculus Quest app sharing feature not working. So without any further ado, let’s check it out.
Fix Oculus Quest App Sharing Not Working
The reason for this issue is the latest version 38 update which causes a conflict whenever you try to use App Sharing and at the same time, try to play the same game. So in order to resolve this bug, you will have to remove all the added users from App Sharing and then re-add them. This has seemed to spell out success for various users. So let’s put this fix to the test and check out the results.
- Press the Oculus icon on your right Touch controller to bring up the menu
- Then hover over the clock on the left side of the universal menu to open Quick Settings.
- After that, select Settings from the top right corner and select Accounts.
- Now remove all the accounts that you have added.
- Once done, restart your headset and then re-add the users by going to Menu > Quick Settings > Settings > Accounts > Add Accounts.
- Proceed with the instructions to complete the setup process (logging into Facebook, adjusting headset fit, etc).
- Once the account is added, go to Menu > Quick Settings > Settings > Accounts and select the desired account.
- Finally, enable the toggle to App Sharing. Do so for all the desired accounts.
That’s it. These were the steps to fix the Oculus Quest app sharing not working. Removing and re-adding users is definitely quite an effort-taking task, but as of now, this is the only way out. As far as the official stance on this matter is concerned, the developers are aware of this issue, and they might roll out the fix by the end of April. Until that happens, the aforementioned workaround is your best bet.