In this guide, we will show you the steps to fix the missing MIUI Optimization feature from Developer Options in Xiaomi devices. Devices from the Chinese OEM come with a plethora of built-in apps and functionality. While some are appreciated by one and all, others tend to fall in the bloatware category. Apart from that, Xiaomi is pretty famous for taking strange devices, based on their whims and fancies. They tend to suddenly remove or hide a feature from their OS without any apparent cause or plausible reason.
For example, recently the Redmi Note 9 series users had to bid adieu to the Gaussian Blur effect as well as the new Control Center in the Notification Panel (though a new workaround does bring it back). Likewise, the Redmi Note 10 Pro series users witnessed the WideVine L1 certification being dropped to L3 all of a sudden. Then the option to add multiple users also seems to be hidden for various users.
All these tweaks happen right after installing an OTA update. Continuing this tradition, the OEM also hid the MIUI Optimization feature with the 12.0.7/12.0.5 update. The reason? Well, that’s anyone’s guess! But on the good side, there does exist a workaround through which you could fix the missing MIUI optimization feature in Developer Options on your Xiaomi device. So without further ado, let’s check it out.
- How to Fix Black Crush Pixel Display Issue on Xiaomi Mi 11 Lite
- How to Force 90Hz Refresh Rate on Xiaomi/Poco/Redmi Devices
- Fix Xiaomi Others section occupying too much Storage Space
- Fix Missing Blur Effect on Notifications Bar and Control Center in Xiaomi
Should I Disable MIUI Optimization on my Xiaomi Device?
So what exactly is this feature and more importantly why is there a need to disable it? As is evident from its name, MIUI Optimization brings in some under the hood changes and is a necessity for certain device functionalities such as for the proper working of Picture-in-Picture Mode or for uploading certain files to an app. But these are its only perks and keeping it disabled seems to prove much more beneficial to the end-user. For example, once you turn it off, you would be able to make full use of the AOD or easily install split APKs.
Along the same lines, some users have also documented that turning it off fixed the Battery drain issues, lags, and Memory management issues. But it seems all these didn’t go down quite well and hence the smartphone giant decided to keep this feature enabled and then hid it from the eyes of normal users. But, as before, we have again found out the way to bypass this restriction. So without further ado, let’s check out how to fix the missing MIUI optimization feature in Developer Options on your Xiaomi device.
How to Enable the Hidden MIUI Optimization in Xiaomi
- To begin with, head over to the Settings page on your device.
- Then go to About Phone and tap on MIUI Version 7 times. This shall enable Developer Options.
- Now go back to Settings > Additonal Settings > Developer Options.
- There, you should see the Reset to default value option. Tap on it a few times.
- That’s it, the MIUI Optimization option will now appear at the end of this page.
These were the steps to fix the missing MIUI optimization feature in Developer Options on your Xiaomi device. If you have any queries concerning the aforementioned steps, do let us know in the comments section below. We will get back to you with a solution at the earliest.
FAQ: Reset to Default Option is Greyed Out in Xiaomi
So a few users have reached out and informed me that the Reset to Default option is greyed out on their Xiaomi devices. If you are also getting bugged with this issue, then fret not, there’s a pretty handy workaround for this as well. All that you need to do is enable the AutoFill option. Here’s how:
- Open the Settings menu on your device.
- Then go to Settings > Additional Settings.
- Tap on Language & input and select Autofill service.
- Finally, select Google from the list of available options.
That’s it. You should now be able to tap on the Reset to Default option and hence fix the missing MIUI Optimization option from Developer Options on your Xiaomi device.
- How to Install MIUI Stock ROM on Xiaomi via TWRP Recovery(Opens in a new browser tab)
- Install MIUI Recovery ROM on Xiaomi/Redmi/Poco [2 Methods](Opens in a new browser tab)
- How to Bypass 168 Hours Waiting Time for Xiaomi Bootloader Unlocking
- Switch Xiaomi ROM from EEA to Global Stable/Developer on Locked Bootloader