In this guide, we will show you the steps to fix the League of Legends: Wild Rift Unknown Error -13 or -5. Among the most popular multiplayer online battle arena games for Android and iPhone, this game beholds quite a few genres to choose from, including the likes of high fantasy, steampunk, and Lovecraftian horror. As far as the game’s ultimate motive is concerned, it involves defeating the opponent’s team Nexus. While that in itself is quite challenging, however, as of now, users are having to deal with an altogether different kind of challenge.
Many users have reported that they are getting Unknown Error -13 or -5 in League of Legends: Wild Rift. As a result of which, they are even unable to load the game in the first place. This issue first came to light after the update v3,2 which made some substantial backend changes, including checking out the source from where you have downloaded the game. If it has been downloaded from any other location apart from Play Store, then it will straightaway prevent you from accessing the game. But why would anyone sideload the game from a third-party site?
Well, this is because some devices don’t come with Google Mobile Services. As a result, they don’t have any Google Apps, Services, and Framework, including the Play Store. So their only course of action is to sideload apps from third-party apps/sites. And all the users who had taken this route to install League of Legends: Wild Rift are currently getting either Unknown Error -13 or -5. If you are also in the same boat, then this guide will make you aware of a nifty workaround to resolve this bug. Follow along.
How to Fix League of Legends: Wild Rift Unknown Error -13 or -5
To resolve this issue, you will first have to remove the signed-in account from your device. After that, delete the data of Play Store and Services. Then connect your device to the US or Singapore server via VPN and create a new Google Account. Then keeping the VPN enabled, you should now be able to download and install the game directly from the Play Store without any issues. So let’s put this fix to the test right away.
- To begin with, head over to Settings > Passwords and Accounts.
- After that, select your Google Account and tap on Remove Account.
- Then go to Settings > Apps > All Apps and select Play Store from the list.
- After that, go to its Storage section and tap on Clear Data.
- Likewise, delete the data for Play Services as well.
- Once done, download and install the VPN app of your choice.
- Then launch it and select either the Singapore or US server.
- Now go to Settings > Passwords and Accounts and tap on Add Account.
- Then proceed with the on-screen instructions to create a new account.
- Now launch Play Store and sign in with this new account.
- Finally, you may now download and install League of Legends: Wild Rift directly from the Play Store.
- Once done, launch the game and you should no longer face issues now.
That’s it. These were the steps to fix the League of Legends: Wild Rift Unknown Error -13 or -5. As far as the official stance on this matter is concerned, the developers are yet to acknowledge this issue, let alone give out any ETA for the rollout of a fix. As and when any of these two things happen, we will update this guide accordingly. In the meantime, the aforementioned workarounds are your best bet.