In this guide, we will show you the steps to fix the issue of the iPhone being stuck on the “Software Update: Your phone has been updated” prompt. Right after installing the latest OS update, a bunch of users reported that they are now getting the aforementioned prompt and are hence unable to unlock their devices. While the prompt does have an OK button, but tapping on it does nothing.
This issue has been around for ages and hasn’t been tied to a specific OS update, though we did notice a slew of reports with the latest iOS 16.4. So if you are also currently stuck in a similar situation, then this guide will make you aware of a nifty method that should help you rectify this issue. Follow along.
Fix iPhone stuck on Software Update your phone has been updated
In order to rectify this issue, you just have to do a force restart of your iPhone. Here’s how it could be done:
- First off, press and quickly release the volume up button.
- Then press and quickly release the volume down button.
- Now press and hold the side button until you see the Apple logo.
- Once the logo appears, release the pressed button. That’s it.
Your phone will now boot to the OS and you will no longer get the “Software Update: Your phone has been updated” prompt. If you have any queries concerning the aforementioned steps, do let us know in the comments. We will get back to you with a solution at the earliest.
- Apple Maps Guides Have Disappeared after iOS 16.4 Update [Fix]
- Microsoft Family Safety app crashing on iOS 16.4.1 [Workarounds]
- Gmail notifications not working on iOS 16.4: How to Fix
- Select All Missing from Safari on iOS 16.4