In this guide, we will show you various methods to fix the Halo Infinite audio bug, when there is no sound coming from behind or the sides. The sixth iteration in the Halo lineup or the third in the Reclaimer Saga, this title managed to grab the attention of the masses. Unfortunately, that didn’t happen for all the right reasons. A slew of complaints is lined up across the Reddit forum where users have voiced their concerns regarding issues related to in-game audio.
According to them, the ambient or spatial sound is not working along the expected lines when using the headphones. As a result of which, they are unable to hear the gunshots or footsteps behind them. Instead, they are being reliant on the visual cue of the HUD to verify if they are being attacked from behind, which is probably the worst way to identify your enemy. Moreover, this issue seems to be affecting both the wired as well as the wireless headphones.
However, the complaints are on the higher side for the players who are using DAC with their headphones. With that said, there do exist a couple of workarounds that have been known to fix the Halo Infinite Audio Bug, when there is no sound coming from behind or the sides. And this guide shall make you aware of just that, both for PC and Xbox. So without any further ado, let’s get started.
Table of Contents
Fix Halo Infinite Audio Bug: No Sound from Behind or Sides on PC
There are two different approaches that you could take when it comes to rectifying this issue on your PC. Try out both these approaches and see which one spells our success for you.
FIX 1: Update USB Audio Device Driver
- To begin with, connect your headphone to your PC.
- Then right-click on the Windows icon present in the Taskbar and select Device Manager.
- After that, expand the Audio Input and Output section.
- Now right-click on your headphones and select Update Drivers.
- Then choose Browse my computer for drivers.
- After that, click on Let me choose from a list of available drivers.
- Now select USB Audio Device from the list and hit Next.
- The drivers will now be installed. Once done, restart your PC for the changes to take place.
- Check if it fixes the Halo Infinite Audio bug when there is no sound coming from behind or the sides.
FIX 2: Configure stereo sound settings
- Head over to the Start menu, search Sound Settings, and open it.
- Then select your headphones from the list and click Configure.
- Now select Stereo under Audio Channels and hit Next.
- Proceed with the on-screen instructions to complete the process.
- It should fix the Halo Infinite Audio bug when there is no sound coming from behind or the sides.
Fix Halo Infinite Audio Bug: No Sound from Behind or Sides on Xbox
- To begin with, close the game if it is still running.
- Then press the Xbox button and then use RB to select Profile and system.
- After that, select Settings > Volume & Audio Output under the General section.
- Now, if you are using the Speaker audio setting, then set HDMI audio to “Stereo uncompressed”.
- Moreover, make sure that it is not set to either the 5.1 or 7.1 surround sound option.
- On the other hand, if you are using the Headset audio setting, then set the Headset format to “Stereo uncompressed” or “Windows Sonic for Headphones.”
That’s it. These were the steps to fix the Halo Infinite Audio bug when there is no sound coming from behind or the sides. We have listed the steps for both Xbox and PC. If you have any queries concerning the aforementioned steps, do let us know in the comments. We will get back to you with a solution at the earliest.