In this guide, we will be discussing some potential workaround that might help you fix the Calculator+ App not working on iPhone and hence retrieve your all-important data. There are quite a few ways to enhance the privacy on your device and hence further secure your data. One such measure is to disguise your photos and videos behind a vault-app.
In this domain, Calculator apps are probably the most well-known entries. From the outside, it looks like just a normal calculator. But once you enter the correct passcode via the calculator’s password, it would decrypt the data and take you to your files. However, since there’s always an element of risk involved with such apps since they are from third-party developers.
Unfortunately, this risk has proved to be true with one of the most famous vault apps known as Calculator+. At the time of writing, users aren’t able to access the app from their devices. When they are trying to do so, they are instead being greeted with the notification that they should ask the developer to update the app. So where’s the catch? Well, the app has been removed from the App Store itself.
Hence neither it could be updated from the store nor you could get hold of the app’s developer contact information. While it is indeed a cause of concern, there do seem to be a few workarounds that have spelled out success for various users. And this guide will make you aware of just that. So without further ado, let’s check out the methods to fix the Calculator+ App not working on iPhone and hence retrieve your data.
Fix Calculator+ App not working on iPhone And Retrieve your Data
Do keep in mind that there isn’t any universal fix as such. The below workarounds gave out variable degrees of success to different users. Therefore, it is recommended that you try out each of these tweaks and see if any of them works out in your favor or not.
Fix 1: Offload and Reinstall Calculator+ App
So a user contacted the developer who advised him to offload the app and then re-install it. Upon doing so, he was able to get back all his images. Offloading is slightly different than uninstalling, as it preserves all your documents and data in the app whereas uninstall would remove them. So to try the offload and reinstall, here’s what you need to do:
- Head over to the Settings page on your device.
- Then go to General > iPhone Storage.
- Scroll to the Calculator+ app and select it.
- Then tap on the Offload option and confirm your selection.
- The offloading will now begin and could take a while. Once done, you should get the Reinstall App button.
- Tap on it and the app will be reinstalled on your device.
- Now launch it and you should be able to access the app as before.
So this was one method through which a user was able to fix the Calculator+ App not working issue on iPhone and hence retrieve his data. However, this fix seems to be quite dubious in nature. This is because as the app is no longer available in the Store, how could it be reinstalled! Well, the only way to answer it is to try it out on your device and see if it works out or not.
Fix 2: Extract Calculator+ App Data
- All your data from the Calculator+ app is placed in the following location:
- So you may use a third-party app to extract the data from that folder.
- In this regard, some users have recommended that the iExplorer worked for them. But I haven’t tried it personally, so cannot vouch for its success.
- If you wish to try it out, you may head over to its site: macroplant.com/iexplorer, download and then try and extract the data from your device.
- Again, please do so at your own risk and then let us know as well whether it was able to fix the Calculator+ App not working issue on iPhone and if you were able to retrieve your data or not.
Fix 3: Update Calculator+ From Purchase History
- By now, it is no hidden secret that the app is no longer available in the App Store. However, a few users [1, 2] went to their previous purchase list and got hold of the app from there.
- Then upon trying to access it, the app again asked for an update. Upon giving the permission, this time the app got successfully updated. After this, they were able to access the app and all their previous media files.
- So you could try out this fix and check if it is able to fix the Calculator+ App not working issue on iPhone and whether you are able to retrieve your data or not.
Fix 4: Contact the Developer via Email
Since the app is no longer present in the App Store, contacting the developers has become quite a challenging task itself. One method of getting hold of their contact information is going to your purchased apps section of the App Store and then select the Calculator+ app from the list and it should then bring up the contact information.
If that doesn’t work out, then you may also drop in an email to their official ID: [email protected] Explain your detail and in-depth and then see if they are able to do any good when it comes to fixing the Calculator+ App not working issue on iPhone and retrieving your data.
UPDATE 1: So one user did contact the developers, and here’s the response that he/she got:
Fix 5: Downgrade iOS and get Calculator+ Working again?
So a few users have asked me whether or not they could downgrade their current iOS version from iOS 14 to iOS 13 and hence get back the app to normal working condition. Unfortunately, the reply is in a negative tone- you cannot downgrade your iPhone from iOS 14 to iOS 13.
This is because as soon as Apple released iOS 14, it stopped signing the iOS 13 builds. While you could download the unsigned versions from various sites, but it isn’t possible to install these firmwares via iTunes.
So as of now, you could only downgrade from a newer build of iOS 14 to an older version of iOS 14 itself, which would be of no use to us. Or the other way out is to purchase a second-hand iPhone that is running iOS 13 or earlier versions. But this would then require shelling out quite a few bugs for absolutely no mistakes from your end. However, as of now, this seems to be the only way out.
With this, we round off the guide on how you could fix the Calculator+ App not working issue on iPhone and hence retrieve your data. All the above-mentioned methods are just the workarounds, which have worked for some, but not for many.
With that said, until the app developers and Apple finds out a way, it is recommended that you do not uninstall the app from your device. Moreover, if you know of any other workaround that worked out for you, do let us know via the comments section.
- Fix: Safari unable to remember last scroll position in iOS 15 Beta 4/5
- Missing “While iPhone is locked” DND feature in iOS 15 Beta
- Fix Podcast App Issue After iOS 14.5+ Update
- Fix Siri Stopping and Cutting off Sentence in Middle after iOS 14.5.1 Update
3 thoughts on “Fix Calculator+ App not working on iPhone | Retrieve Data”
I tried all of these options, and nothing is working for me. and I had over 1000 photos on mine
same here did you found any solution? plz help i really have photos of those person who is no longer with me really need them
Thank for you all the information. None of it worked unfortunately, BUT: I luckily still have my old iPhone 8 which runs on the 14.5 software. There I could retrieve all the data by just logging in on iCloud. So so happy that it worked!! Hope this might help to other as well. They just need an older phone with older software..
Thank you, with kind regards,