In this guide, we will show you a couple of methods to fix the issue of full-screen mode not working in Assassin’s Creed 4 Black Flag. Being the sixth iteration in the popular action-adventure series from Ubisoft, this one differs from the rest in its gameplay elements as it focuses more on the ship-based exploration of the open world map, while also incorporating the previous melee combat and stealth system. However, as of late, it’s giving quite a tough time to many gamers.
Numerous users have voiced their concern that the full-screen mode is not working in Assassin’s Creed 4 Black Flag and the game could only be run in windowed mode now. To rectify this issue, users have already tried numerous workarounds, including the likes of Alt+Enter, F11, editing the config.ini, and even reinstalling the game, but to no avail. If you are also getting bugged by this issue, then this guide will help rectify it. Follow along for the fixes.
Fix Assassin’s Creed 4 Black Flag Full Screen Mode Not Working
It is recommended that you try out each of the below-mentioned workarounds and then see which one spells out success. So with that in mind, let’s get started.
FIX 1: Replace the EXE File
As strange as it may sound, replacing the game’s EXE file with its older working build [26 June 2023 – 14:30:00 UTC] did rectify the issue for many. So let’s give it a try using the below-listed steps and then check out the results.
- Open Steam, press Windows+R, and type in the below command
- Then go to Steam console and type in the below command
download_Depot 242050 242051 7598860626606919774
- The Depot will be downloaded to the below location:
steam -> steamapps -> content -> app_242050 -> depot_242051.
- Now copy the “AC4BFSP.exe” from depot_242051 and paste it into your game directory.
- Finally, change the update priority to “Only update this game when I launch it”. That’s it.
- Check if it fixes the full-screen mode not working issue in Assassin’s Creed 4 Black Flag.
FIX 2: Using Borderless Gaming
- To begin with, download and install Borderless Gaming from GitHub.
- Then open it as an admin and now launch Assassin’s Creed 4 Black Flag.
- While in the game, press Alt-Tab to borderless gaming.
- Now search AC4 in the “Applications” list and click on the third button in the middle.
That’s it. These were the two different methods that should help you fix the issue of full-screen mode not working in Assassin’s Creed 4 Black Flag. As far as the official stance on this matter is concerned, the developers are aware of this issue, but they haven’t given out any ETA for the rollout of a fix. As and when that happens, we will update this guide accordingly. In the meantime, the aforementioned workarounds are your best bet.
- Assassin Creed Valhalla Reda Shop Empty [Fix]
- Eivor Spawning Drunk in Assassin’s Creed Valhalla: How to Fix
- Assassin’s Creed Valhalla White Screen Bug: How to Fix
- Ghost Recon: Wildlands Error Code Ribera-40002 [Fixed]