In this guide, we will show you the steps to fix the Apex Legends High CPU Usage issue after the recent Genesis Update. Users were waiting in anticipation for the Season 9 Genesis collection event. And now that it is live, there are a plethora of new and noteworthy features that you could get a hold of. These include new returning maps, including the Season 0 Kings Canyon, Season 3 World’s Edge, and the Skull Town Arenas map.
Likewise, improvements to the P2020, Spitfire, 30-30 Repeater, and Longbow weapons are also on the cards. Along with that, nerfs to Octane and Bloodhound and changes to Revenant have also been welcomed with open hands. What hasn’t been welcomed though is the plentitude of bugs that this update has bought around with itself.
These include the inability of the game to load, frequent crashes, broken Bloodhound banner frame, among others. However, out of these the high CPU consumption issue seems to be the most concerning one. So if you are also getting faced with the Apex Legends High CPU Usage issue after the recent Genesis Update, then this guide shall help you fix it. Follow along.
How to Fix Apex Legends High CPU Usage after Genesis Update
- To begin with, use the Ctrl+Shift+Esc shortcut key combinations to launch Task Manager.
- Then scroll to Origin.exe or Steam.exe, whichever you are using.
- Right-click on it and select Go to Details.
- You shall be taken to the Details section, with the Origin.exe/Steam.exe file selected.
- So right-click on that file and select Set Affinity.
- Now uncheck <All Processors> and select CPU 0 and the last one, which in my case is CPU 7.
- Once both these CPU cores have been selected, click OK.
That’s it, try accessing the game now. It should have fixed the Apex Legends High CPU Usage issue after the Genesis Update. If you have any other workaround that spelled out success for you, do let us know in the comments section below.
- Fix COD Warzone Issue While Loading Verdansk Playlists
- Fix COD Warzone Memory Error 0-1766 [Xbox]
- How to Fix Call of Duty Modern Warfare Dev Error 6034
- How to Fix Call of Duty Warzone Dev Error 5573