In this guide, we will show you how to fix the issue of all the old episodes getting automatically downloaded on the Apple Podcast App. With the iOS 14.5 update, there were quite a few noteworthy and interesting features talk about. However, in spite of all the goodies that it had to offer, there was one major issue- it literally ‘destroyed’ the Apple Podcast app.
There are a plethora of issues bugging this app as of now. These include the likes of the inability to delete Podcast episodes, library sorting issues, absence of Related/Similar Shows at the end, and issues with Unsubscribed Shows. With that said, there was a slight beacon of hope that the latest iOS 14.6 updates would fix most of these issues, more so after Apple promised the same.
However, not only did the underlying issue continue to prevail till this date, new issues have emerged as well. Among the most concerning ones is the excessive battery drain and device heating issue from the Podcast App after the iOS 14.6 update. We are already covering most of these issues and their associated fixes as well, and in this guide, we will show you how to fix the old episodes getting automatically downloaded on the Apple Podcast App issue.
Fix All Old Episodes Automatically Downloaded on Apple Podcast App
The fix for the aforementioned issue is fairly simple- you would have to enable the Limit Downloads feature in the Apple Podcasts app. Here’s how:
- To begin with, launch the Podcast App on your device and head over to the Library section.
- Then tap on the three dots and select Settings from the menu.
- Now go to the Downloads section and only select the number of episodes that you want the app to download automatically.
To take a more aggressive route, you could even disable the automatic downloads option. However, doing so means that you would then have to remain online to listen to any episode. So only this feature if you are ready for this tradeoff.
With this, we round off the guide on how to fix the issue of all the old episodes getting automatically downloaded on the Apple Podcast App. If you know of any other workaround that shall rectify the aforementioned issue, do let us know in the comments. Likewise, all queries are welcomed in the comments section as well.
- iPassword App Not Working | How to Recover your Passwords(Opens in a new browser tab)
- Fix Gmail Promotions and Social No Connection error in iPhone
- Fix Siri Stopping and Cutting off Sentence in Middle after iOS 14.5.1 Update
- Save all Inline/Embedded Images from one Email in Outlook [iOS 14]