In this guide, we will show you the steps to find your Windows 11 Product Key/License Key. Product Key is a unique alphanumeric code provided to every user who has made a valid OS purchase. Microsoft assigns these codes to such users and keeps a copy of them on their servers for verification purposes. This key is bound to your motherboard and doesn’t change with each new OS upgrade.
Rather, you would only be assigned a new key if you have purchased a new system. Anyways, one major reason why this key is needed is to verify that you have indeed purchased the licensed version of the OS. If that is not the case, then you may still use Windows, but in its restrictive state, with a message that your Windows is not activated.
With that said, more often than not, you wouldn’t need to manually enter the codes as Microsoft performs all the checks on its own in the backend. However, there could be a few instances when you need to get hold of these codes. And when that need arises, you shouldn’t look any further than the instructions mentioned in this guide. So without further ado, let’s show you the steps to find your Windows 11 Product Key/License Key.
- 10 Methods to Open Command Prompt (CMD) in Windows 11
- How to Block Websites via Hosts file in Windows 11
- Replace PowerShell with Command Prompt in Windows 11
How to Find My Windows 11 Product Key or License Key
Doing a quick Google search gave me a few results regarding the aforementioned topic, but none of them proved to be of much use. For example, it was listed that you should check your purchase/receipt, the back, or even the inside of the laptop for the key. Well, all these are easier said than done. So I continued my search and found out that you could get hold of Windows 11 simply by executing one single line of command! And this the method that we would be discussing here. Follow along.
- How to Send or Move the Taskbar Icons to the Left in Windows 11
- Windows 11 Right Click: How to Get Windows 10 Context Menu
- How to Get Back the Windows 10 Start Menu on Windows 11
Find Windows 11 Product Key via Command Prompt
- To begin head, head over to the Start menu and type in CMD.
- Then select Run as Administrator under Command Prompt to launch it with administrative rights.
- Finally, copy-paste the below command and hit Enter.
wmic path SoftwareLicensingService get OA3xOriginalProductKey
- Your product key will now be right in front of you! To copy this code, drag the cursor over the entire code to select it and hit the Ctrl+C shortcut keys.
- The code will now be copied, you may use the Ctrl+V shortcut to paste it in the desired location.
Find Windows 11 Product Key Via Powershell
- Head over to the Start Menu, search Powershell, and launch it as an administrator.
- Then copy-paste the below command in the Powershell window and hit Enter:
powershell "(Get-WmiObject -query ‘select * from SoftwareLicensingService’).OA3xOriginalProductKey"
- That’s it. Your Windows 11 Product Key/License Key will now be displayed in this window.
Find Windows 11 Product Key via Registry Editor
- Head over to the Start Menu, search Registry Editor, and open it.
- After that, copy-paste the below location in the Registry Editor’s address bar and hit Enter:
- Now refer to the Data Value of the BackupProductKeyDefault file, the product key will be listed there.
On that note, we round off the guide on how you could find your Windows 11 Product Key/License Key. We have listed three different methods for the same. If you have any queries concerning any of these three methods, then do let us know in the comments section below. We will get back to you with a solution at the earliest.
- How to Uninstall Microsoft Edge in Windows 11
- How to Open Windows 11 Widgets Articles via Chrome
- [Risky] Try Black Screen of Death on your Windows 11 PC!