In this guide, we will show you the steps to enable the two-button navigation gestures on Pixel 4 and 4A devices. With each new bump in the OS version, Google brings in a plethora of new goodies for the end-users. While some are appreciated, others get kind of a mixed reaction. And this is exactly what happened when the Silicon Valley giants introduced the full-screen navigation gesture in Android 10. While the idea was well and good, but many felt that the implementation fell short.
Till Android 9.0 Pie, we had the button navigation which easily managed to checkmark our prerequisites. However, this new change wasn’t initially welcomed by everyone. If you also this thought and wish to revert to the old navigation style, then this guide is here to help you out. Given here are detailed instructions that will allow you to enable the two-button navigation gestures on Pixel 4 and 4A devices. Follow along.
How to Enable Two Button Navigation Gestures on Pixel 4/4A
Before we proceed ahead with the instructions, there is an important point to keep in mind. This process is only applicable on a rooted device. If you haven’t done so yet, then please refer to our detailed guide to Root Pixel 4, 4A, 4A XL running Android 11 without TWRP. Once that is done, proceed with the below steps.
- To begin with, download the required Magisk Module corresponding to your device: Pixel 4 | Pixel 4A
- Then transfer this module to your device.
- Now launch the Magisk App and tap on the Modules icon situated at the bottom right.
- Then tap on the Install from Storage button, navigate to the downloaded module and select it.
- The module will then be flashed onto your device. Once done, tap on the Reboot button that appears at the bottom right.
- After your device boots up, the module will be activated and the said gesture will be enabled.
So this was all from this guide on how you could enable the two-button navigation gestures on Pixel 4 and 4A devices. If you have any queries concerning the aforementioned steps, do let us know in the comments. We will get back to you with a solution at the earliest.
- Download and Install Android 12 Launcher
- How to Take Screenshots in Android via ADB Commands
- Remove/Uninstall Bloatware Apps from Android via ADB
- How to Fix All ADB and Fastboot Errors
- How to Execute Android ADB Fastboot Commands Wirelessly