In this guide, we will show you the steps to enable the Choose Update package and Reboot to Recovery Mode option in MIUI 10 (and above versions) on Xiaomi devices. The devices from this OEM come with two different firmware packages. The first one is the Fastboot ROM which you could flash in an unlocked bootloader device. This mostly comes in handy if you wish to root your device by patching the stock boot.img or wish to flash any partition files to their respective partition. Likewise, you could also flash Fastboot ROM to unbrick your device via Fastboot Commands.
Then there is the second firmware type known as Recovery ROM. This is used for all general purposes such as manually installing an official OTA update. While the Fastboot ROM could be flashed directly via Mi Flash Tool or through Fastboot Commands, flashing Recovery ROM is a little bit different. There are two different approaches to flashing an MIUI Recovery ROM. The first one is via the Xiaomi Stock Recovery, whereas the second option is via the Updater App.
And users are mostly inclined towards the second approach. This is because the steps are pretty straightforward with minimal effort. However beginning with MIUI 10, there have been some under the hood changes to this step. As a result, you would no longer be able to find the Choose Update package or Reboot to Recovery Mode option. But both these options aren’t disabled, they are just hidden. And this guide will show you how to re-enable this Choose Update package and Reboot to Recovery Mode option in MIUI 10 (and above versions) on Xiaomi devices.
How to Enable Choose Update Package and Reboot to Recovery Mode in MIUI Xiaomi
When you head over to the Updater App, you will now only see the following four options: Download latest package, Settings, What’s new, and More. The other two options Reboot to Recovery Mode and Choose Update package were earlier present in this menu itself, but beginning with MIUI, they both are hidden. Fortunately, you could easily enable both these options, here’s how:
- To begin with, go to the Settings page on your device.
- Then head over to About Phone and tap on the MIUI logo 10 times.
- You will now get a prompt that Additional Advanced Features are on.
- That’s it. Now tap on the overflow icon situated at the bottom right and you should now see both the options.
So with this, we conclude the guide on how to enable the Choose Update package and Reboot to Recovery Mode option in MIUI 10 (and above versions) on Xiaomi devices. Through these instructions, you would have also enabled the Reboot to Recovery Mode option. If you have any other queries concerning the aforementioned steps, do let us know in the comments. We will get back to you with a solution at the earliest.
- How to Unbrick any MediaTek Phone using SP Flash Tool
- How to Bypass Xiaomi Account Verification via Mi Unlock Tool
- Fix Mi Account Authorization | Unbrick Xiaomi | EDL Mode
- Root any MediaTek Device on Locked Bootloader
- How to Flash Xiaomi Fastboot ROM without Mi Flash Tool
- Download Patched Firehose File (prog_emmc_firehose.mbn) for 600+ Android Devices