In this guide, we will show the steps to enable Call Screening on your Pixel 7/Pro in unsupported regions. When it comes to dealing with spam calls, there isn’t any better option to choose from than the offering from the Silicon Valley giant. But what exactly is Screen Calling? Well, when someone who is not in your contact list calls you, then you could select the Screen Call [instead of Accept or Reject].
Once you do so, the caller will be notified that you are using a call screening service from Google and then he or she will be requested to convey their message. Whatever they would say will be transcribed on your screen. So you could go through that content. and then decide accordingly whether or not you wish to pick up that call. This feature has been present in Pixel devices for ages, and the latest iteration is no different either.
However, there’s a catch- it’s only supported in a few countries, namely Australia, Canada, France, Germany, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Spain, the UK, and the US. As a result of this, a majority of the population is unable to reap the benefits. If you also fall into this domain, then fret not. In this guide, we will show you how to enable Call Screening on your Pixel 7/Pro in unsupported regions. So without further ado, let’s get started.
How to Enable Call Screening on Pixel 7/Pro in Unsupported Regions
There exist two different methods to get this job done. Go through both of them once and then try out the one which is in sync with your requirement. Droidwin and its members wouldn’t be held responsible in case of a thermonuclear war, your alarm doesn’t wake you up, or if anything happens to your device and data by performing the below steps.
- First of all, get enrolled as a beta tester for the Google Phone app from here.
- After that, root your device via Magisk.
- Then download and install the Google Dialer Mod from GitHub.
- Now launch it and give it Magisk access.
- Then enable the toggle next to Force Enable Call Screening.
- Now restart your device and check if Call Screening is working.
- If it isn’t, then do a force stop of the Phone App and check out the results.
- If it’s still not working, then delete the data of the Phone app and again check out the result.
Via Market Enabler
- To begin with, root your device via Magisk patched init_boot.img.
- Then download and install the Market Enabler app.
- Now launch it and tap on Grant in the Magisk prompt.
- After that, download a VPN app and set its region to the USA.
- Now open Market Enabler and select USA as the region.
- Go to the Play Store and install any pending updates of the Phone app.
- Then go to Settings > Apps > See All Apps and select the Phone App.
- Now go to Storage and Cache and tap on Clear Data > Delete Data.
- Then launch the Phone app, tap on the overflow icon situated at the top right, and select Settings.
- Now go to Spam and Call Screen and enable the toggle next to See caller and spam ID.
- Finally, go to Call Screen and customize it as per your requirement.
These were the steps to enable Call Screening on your Pixel 7/Pro in unsupported regions. If you have any queries concerning the aforementioned steps, do let us know in the comments. We will get back to you with a solution at the earliest.
- Pixel 7 Pro Connected but not charging: How to Fix
- Does Google Pixel 7/Pixel 7 Pro support Dual eSIM?
- Pixel 7 Pro Restart Randomly: How to Fix
- Pixel 7/Pro Fingerprint not working: How to Fix