Wouldn’t it be so cool if you had the ability to edit the website or webpage that you see across the internet and modify it as per your liking? Well, as strange as it may sound, this is very much possible. Using just a simple tweak, you would be able to make the aforementioned modifications. But why would you be doing this in the first place? The reasons are aplenty. The first and most obvious one is to just prank your friends. But on the usefulness meter, that would occupy among the bottom spots. So what else could be used for?
There might have come many instances when you had to take a printout of a webpage, but wished to eliminate some of the contents. Similarly, there would also be ads in between the contents, and it just breaks the continuity flow, especially when you are using the document for official purposes. There are no brownie points in guessing that any print-out document filled with ads spell trouble. Using the tip we are about to mention, you could remove all the ads, by simply selecting that ad and hitting the Delete or backspace key on your keyboard. Well, it couldn’t have got any easier, right?
Likewise, you could also cut off any content from the webpage that you wish. But the best part about this trick? YOU COULD EDIT ANY WHATSAPP MESSAGE (BOTH SENT AND RECEIVED) AND CHANGE IT AS PER YOUR LIKING. NOT ONLY COULD YOU EDIT THE MESSAGE CONTENT, BUT EVEN THE DATE AND TIME OF MESSAGE TOO! YOU COULD ALTOGETHER CHANGE THE SENDER NAME AND REMOVE HIS DP AS WELL.
The entire process is eerie similar to how you edit a Word Document file. And the icing on the cake? Once you are done with the editing, you could easily save it on your PC. So if all these does sounds interesting and you wish to try out the same, then here are the required instructions on how to edit any webpage or website and then save it. Follow along.
- How to Send Fake Live Location on WhatsApp
- How to Get a Temporary Blue Tick on Instagram
- Use WhatsApp Entirely (Messages, Audio, Video Calls) in Handsfree Mode
- Best Android Phones under Rs 20,000 [JUNE 2020]
How to Edit any Website or Webpage and then Save it
To begin with, we would be using the Developer Tools functionality that is baked into every browser. Here is how to access the same in different browsers:
–> Google Chrome: Ctrl+Shift+I
–> Microsoft Edge (Chromium): Ctrl+Shift+I
–> Mozilla Firefox: Ctrl+Shift+K
Now that you are inside the Developer Console, follow the below steps to edit any webpage and then save it. These instruction steps will be the same for all the browsers mentioned above. As an example, we will show you how to Edit any WhatsApp Message. But you could apply the same rule to edit any other website or webpage.
Edit any WhatsApp Message (Sent or Received)
- Launch the browser of your choice and head over to the desired webpage. For our example, we would be visiting the web.whatsapp.com.
- Now launch the Developer Tools using the above-mentioned keys (Ctrl+Shift+I in Chrome).
- You should now be in the console Window. If that is not the case, click on Console in the top-right menu bar (see below image).
- There will be quite a few error messages. That’s nothing to worry about, simply ignore them. What you have to do now is copy the below command, paste it in the Console Window and hit Enter.
document.designMode = 'on'
- Once you have executed the above command, simply close the Console Window using the top right button.
- That’s it. You could now proceed with the editing as per your liking. Change the content, tweak the date and time, change the username, etc. Once done, use the Windows+Shift+S shortcut key combinations to take a screenshot.
- On the other hand, if you are dealing with some other website, then hit the Ctrl+P shortcut and either take a printout or choose the Save as PDF option!
So this was all from this guide on how to edit any website or webpage and then save it. Our main focus of attention was making modifications to the WhatsApp messages but you could apply the same set of rules to any webpage or website. Rounding off, do let us know what do you think of this tip, in the comments section below.