In this guide, we will show you the steps to download, install and wirelessly flash Samsung firmware using NetOdin. If you have ever stepped foot in custom development and have been a proud owner of a Samsung device, then you might already be aware of the Odin tool. Its significant features include the ability to flash stock firmware by loading the AP, BL, CP, CSC/Home CSC, and Userdata [optional]. Likewise, it also comes in handy if you are looking to root your device or flash a custom recovery.
But to use this tool, you will need to connect your device to your PC via USB cable. So what’s the big deal? Well, not every Samsung device comes with USB support, the perfect example of the same is their Galaxy Watch 4. So how could you then flash the firmware and other related tweaks? Well, this is where the role of NetOdin comes into the frame. Without any further ado, let’s make you aware of what exactly this tool is and how you could use it with your smartwatch.
Table of Contents
What is NetOdin
NetOdin is the wireless version of the Odin that allows you to wirelessly flash firmware onto your Samsung devices and smartwatches. The only prerequisite is that both the tool and your device need to be on the same Wi-Fi network, in other words, have the same IP Address.
Features of NetOdin
- You could manually flash the stock firmware on your Galaxy Watch 4 to unbrick it or to change its CSC.
- You could also use it to upload the patched boot.img into the AP slot and flash it via Odin to obtain root.
- Moroever, you could flash the TWRP.tar file via AP and bless your watch with a working custom recovery.
- It supports both the Tizen and WearOS, so all the Galaxy Watches released to date are supported by this tool.
- To being with, download and extract NetOdin on your PC.
- Then double-click on the NetOdin3.exe to launch the tool.
- After that, click on Allow under Windows Firewall [if asked].
How to Flash Firmware on Galaxy Watch 4 using NetOdin
- To begin with, boot your Galaxy Watch 4 to Download Mode.
- From the Download Mode, double press the Power key. This will boot your watch to AP Mode.
- The watch’s model number will be listed next to AP, signifying a successful connection.
- Now open the WiFi menu on your PC. A new network having the name of your watch will be there.
- Select it and hit Connect. As soon as it is connected, you should see the Connected message on your watch.
- Now open NetOdin and you should see your watch connected at the top left and also in the Log [via the IP Address].
- You may now load the required firmware files in their designated partition [it’s usually the TAR file in the AP partition] and hit Start.
- The flashing process will now begin and once done, your watch will automatically boot to the OS.
That’s it. These were the steps to download, install and wirelessly flash Samsung firmware using NetOdin. If you have any queries concerning the aforementioned steps, do let us know in the comments. We will get back to you with a solution at the earliest.