In this guide, we will show you the steps to download and install the latest Windows 11 Insider Preview Build on your PC. Ever since the tech giants announced the latest iteration of OS, the tech enthusiasts were all up and running in trying to get the ISO image for this OS. And as expected, there was indeed a leaked build (that actually worked!) available.
However, with these leaks, there is always an element of risk involved. Due to these concerns, many users decided not to try out those leaks. Fortunately, you could now put all these doubts to rest as the first official build is now live for Windows 11. Do keep in mind that this is in an Insider Preview. So it is mostly intended for the geeks and the developers.
Moreover, you might expect a few bugs or underlying issues. However, the fact that it is available officially should give enough motivation to the users to try out this version. If you echo this thought as well, then this guide shall help you out. Given here are the detailed instructions to download and install the latest Windows 11 Insider Preview Build on your PC.
How to Download and Install Windows 11 Insider Build
Given here are two different methods to download and install the latest Windows 11 Insider Preview Build onto your PC. It is recommended that you start off with the first method. The second method was written at that point when there was no Insider Preview available officially on the Windows servers.
Since they are now available for everyone to download, you should try out the first method itself. However, if for some reason, your PC isn’t able to get hold of any Insider Preview build even after a few hours, then skip the wait and directly hop over to the second method.
Method 1: Install Windows 11 Insider Preview via Windows Insider Program
- To begin with, head over to the Windows Insider Program page and sign in with your Microsoft Account.
- Then scroll to the bottom, checkmark I accept the terms of this agreement, and click on Register Now.
- You will now be taken to the Welcome screen, click Flight now.
- Now head over to the Settings > Update & Security > Windows Insider Program and click on the Get Started button.
- You will now have to link your account. Click on the Plus button and add your account.
- Then select the Windows 11 update channel. You have three different options to choose from:
- Dev: It is only intended for developers and technical geeks. The probability of facing bugs is highest in this.
- Beta: Aimed at the beta testers, this is one recommended by Microsoft and is the most polished one as of now.
- Release: You will be able to test features before they are made available to the general users. More stable than Dev but less stable than Beta.
- So judging by the above statement, the Beta Channel seems to be the perfect option. However, at the time of writing, the Beta update would still take some time to land on your PC. Whereas if you select the Developer build, you would receive the Windows 11 update right at this instance itself.
- So make your selection accordingly and then click on the Confirm button in the subsequent dialog box that appears.
- Now click on the Restart Now button to reboot your PC and the changes to take place.
- Once the PC restarts, go to Settings > Privacy > Diagnostics & Feedback and make sure the Optional Diagnostic Data is turned on.
- After that, go to Settings > Update & Security > Windows Update and click on Check for Updates.
- You will now get the Windows 11 Insider Preview Update, which you may download and install right away.
- Once the installation is complete, you will be notified to restart your PC. Do so and congrats, your PC will now boot to the upgraded OS!
So these were the steps to download and install the Windows 11 Insider Preview via the Windows Insider Program. If your system isn’t able to catch the update via the server, then consider going for the second method, given below.
Method 2: Install Windows 11 Insider Preview Build via ISO File
First and foremost, you need to grab hold of the Windows 11 Insider Build via the UUP Dump Tool. After that, we list out its installation instructions. All thee have been explained below, follow along.
STEP 1: Download Windows 11 Insider Preview Build
To get hold of the latest Windows 11 Insider Build, we will be using the UUP Dump Tool. For the unawares, this tool could fetch the latest OS upgrades directly from the Windows server. Apart from that, it also comes with the functionality to convert the downloaded OS (which is in UUP format) to the ISO format.
- So head over to the uupdump website and go to its Download section.
- You will now notice three different variants of the file, corresponding to the CPU architecture. If you have an Intel or AMD chipset, download the x64 build, whereas ARM users should get the 64arm file.
- As for this guide, I am using an Intel chip, so I am downloading the Windows 11 Insider Preview 10.0.22000.51 (co_release)
- After that, select your Language preference and click Next.
- You will now have to select the Windows 11 edition. You may select as many as you want, and additional from the right-hand menu, but as for this guide, we are going ahead with Windows Home. So select the desired version and hit Next.
- It will now show you a summary of all your selections. First off, make sure that the Download Method is set to “Download and convert to ISO”. Furthermore, you should also uncheck all the options under the Conversion section.
- Finally, click on Create Download Package. A small ZIP file will now de downloaded onto your PC.
- Extract it to a location that doesn’t contain any spaces between its name. For example, C:\DroidWin\Windows is correct but C:\Droid Win\Windows is incorrect. So extract it to the correct location and you should see a few files corresponding to the OS.
- We are currently running Windows, so we will be using the uup_download-windows file (Mac users need to use uup_download_macos.sh the whereas Linux should use the uup_download_linux.sh file).
- Now launch the uup_download-windows file, the CMD window will open and it shall start with the download process. As soon as the download is complete, it will automatically begin converting the UUP to the ISO file.
- Once done, you will be notified of the same. You may now exit the CMD window.
- The downloaded files will be present inside the same folder where the rest of the extracted contents are.
STEP 2: Install Windows 11 via ISO File
- Head over to the location where the downloaded files are present.
- There you should see the ISO file, double click to open it.
- Now double-click on the setup.exe file and just proceed with the on-screen instructions to install it.
That’s it. These were the two different methods to download and install the latest Windows 11 Insider Build on your PC. Do let us know in the comment section which method you settled for. Moreover, if you have any queries, do let us know in the comments section below. We will get back to you with a solution at the earliest.