From this post, you could download, install and use the latest version of the MTK Droid Tool. There was a common notion that MediaTek devices aren’t as developer-friendly as the likes of Snapdragon. However, in recent years, all these doubts have been put to rest. There are a plethora of tweaks and modifications that you could try out on a device running the MTK chipset.
These include the likes of flashing custom ROMs, installing a custom recovery like TWRP, or gaining administrative/superuser access via Magisk. The latter will in turn allow you to flash a plentitude of mods, including the ever-popular Magisk Modules. Another pretty impressive aspect of MediaTek devices is the long list of nifty tools that it beholds.
These include the likes of SP Flash Tool, SN Write Tool, SP Meta Tool. Along the same lines, there is the MTK Droid Tool. This is a technical-level tool that is used to carry out some high-level modifications. And from this guide, you could download, install, and use the latest version of MTK Droid Tool. But first, let’s make you aware of this tool’s feature set.
Table of Contents
What is MTK Droid Tool
MTK Droid Tool is a software application for MediaTek devices that are used to carry out some specialized modifications on MTK devices. Some of its noteworthy features include:
Backup MediaTek Firmware
Among the most useful features of the MTK Droid Tool is the ability to take a complete backup of the MediaTek firmware. Likewise, you may also take individual partitions backups, such as that of the boot.img system.img, vbmeta.img, etc.
Create/Modify Scatter File
Every MTK firmware comes with an Android Scatter File. This beholds some important information relating to the device’s partition schemes, its logical and physical address, length, among others. And using the MTK Droid Tool, you could create a new Scatter Text file or modify an existing one.
Download MTK Droid Tool
You could now grab hold of the latest version of MTK Droid Tool from the below link:
- Download Link: MTK Droid Tool v2.5.3.zip
How to Install and Use MTK Droid Tool
- Once you have downloaded the MTK Droid Tool, extract it to any convenient location on your PC.
- Then go to that extracted folder and double click on the MTKdroidTools.exe file to launch the tool.
- Now power off your device and while pressing the Volume Up (or Down Key in some devices), connect your device to the PC via USB cable.
- Your PC will now recognize the connected device and you may start with the intended task.
So with this, we conclude the guide on how you could download, install and use the latest MTK Droid Tools. If you have any queries, do let us know in the comments section. We will get back to you with a solution at the earliest.
- How to Download and Install SP Flash Tool | Flash Firmware Guide
- How to Download and Install MediaTek Fastboot Drivers
- Download MediaTek MTK Scatter File | Android_Scatter.txt
- How to Fix SP Flash Tool MTK S_BROM_DOWNLOAD_DA_FAIL (ERROR 2004)
- How to Remove FRP Lock on MediaTek using Scatter File and SP Flash Tool